DIY Tractor Canopy, Day 3

in #diy4 years ago

Well, I finally got a chance to start working on actually making my tractor canopy today, though I didn't get as far as I would have liked, because I ran out of gas - literally.

Tractor canopy 3.PNG

I recorded everything I did today, which was limited to cutting and deburring stock, but would have included welding it together as well, were it not for the fact that my argon tank was empty. All pictures in this post are stills from my video footage. Here's the square tube stock I used sitting in my cutoff bandsaw:
Cutting stock 1.PNG

Here, I set up the stop to cut two identical pieces 3.555 inches long (my first video explains why they need to be that size):
Cutting stock 2.PNG

I used a "swizzle stick" to deburr the insides of the tubes (7 pieces total):
Deburring 1.PNG

And a file to deburr the outsides:
Deburring 2.PNG

This wasn't enough footage to warrant compiling part 2 as a video, so I'm going to wait until I have some welding footage as well. Depending on how much I have, I may shoot painting, finishing, and installation before uploading the video to BitChute. Sewing the actual canvas canopy, of course, will get its own dedicated video, because that is going to be an involved project.

Shameless self-promotion: