To be precise, this is what she said:
Topic of the Week Bonus
From next week we will be offering a prize to the blog of the week which will be chosen by seasoned judges. The prize will be 50% of the week's Curation Post rewards.
Let’s begin with the panel of international judges, all of whom have been around the block…chain for a while. At the helm, of course is our fearless leader, Lizelle, supported by fellow South African, @papilloncharity, from the US, talented writer and author, @ericvancewalton and bringing up the rear, @fionasfavourites. We may, as the initiative grows, draw in the help of other Silver Bloggers, either as guest judges or to choose the weekly topic.
To keep things fair, the judges’ posts about any of the weeks’ themes are not eligible for prizes.
How to enter your post for the Blog of the Week (#BoW)
- Posts must be in English and obviously centre on the week’s topic.
- Prose must be a minimum of 350 words. If it’s a photo or graphic essay, the photos must be your original work and preferably with some sort of back-story to the images.
- The blog must be posted in/from our community and tagged your post #BoW - blog of the week.
- Share the link to your post in the comments of this post.
The contest closes at midnight GMT (also known as UTC) on Monday 31st May 2021 and the winners will be announced later the following week.
Winners and winning
So, you’re asking, how are the winners picked, and what happens if my post wins? Other than bragging rights, of course?
Although members of the judges' the panel may decide to contribute to the topic of the week, none of their posts will be eligible to get a #bow.
Selecting the Blog of the Week
Although there is a a panel of judges, we believe that everyone's contribution will have value.
Picking an outright winner will be a challenge. None of us really wants that pressure. So -
The panel will select the top three posts - it will be a consensus decision. Those three account names will go into a nifty online random pick tool that @traciyork told us about and, ta-da! there will be a winner.
Prizes and the prize pool
Each week, the winner will receive 50% of the liquid rewards on the post announcing the winning post and the new topic. We will use the @reward.app to distribute the winnings which makes it easy, fair and transparent.
To begin with, the prizes will be necessarily small but as our community and the account grows, so will the prizes. In time, we may add more prizes to the challenge.
Building the prize pool
Anyone can help to build the prize pool by both upvoting the curation (winners' announcement) posts, and by building the community account. You can do this in two ways (one or both or either... ):
- delegate to the account using the nifty table at the end of this post (or directly through your wallet)
- add the community account to your fanbase so that you can autovote the Silver Bloggers community account (@hive-106316).
A reminder about the HiveVote dashboard -
- it allows you to set the frequency and value of an autovote and,
- you can choose the RC level at which it stops voting for you until your RCs are recharged.
The curation post(s)
The curation post announcing the winners will be published a few days after the closing date and will -
- include a link the winning post,
- the panel may also choose profile other outstanding contributions (all of which gets you bragging rights and eyes on your blog)
- announce the topic for the next #BoW challenge
This also means that the Blog of the Week initiative will effectively run every second week.
Topic for this week (ending 31 May 2021)
This week's topic was selected by @fionasfavourites (in future it'll be a panel decision), and she's chosen something that
covers a multitude of sins leaves it wide open to your imagination:
silver threads among the gold
We look forward to your entries.
The Silver Boggers' BOW team
Help to build the prize pool by delegating and build the Silver Bloggers’ community
We’d like to be able to support our members and grow this community. Help us do this with a delegation?
You can either do it yourself, or pick an amount from the table below. Of course you can remove the delegation any time you please.
Come and join our Silver Bloggers community