Exciting news all #silverbloggers!
We have been accepted into the OCD Incubation Program which is a great boost for our community, so a special thanks to #OCD for now curating and supporting the Hive Silver Bloggers Community.
May we ask of all members to support this community by posting and engaging with others in our community.
Please pass this information on to others, as it is to everyone's benefit, and invite friends who you believe would fit into our community.
Thank you guys and dolls for being here!
We encourage our members to keep those #silverbloggers' posts coming, being mindful to stay within the rules as per our homepage - the main ones being no copying & pasting, keep quotes to the bare minimum, image source to be provided if not your own; we want you to have fun blogging and be rewarded for your awesome content.
Choose appropriate #silverbloggers topics, such as:
- Forward Planning for that Big Day.
- Suitable Projects and Hobbies that can be turned into a Micro-Business on Hive.
- Basic Understanding of Cryptocurrencies.
- Accommodation Options suited to your Twilight Years' Lifestyle.
- Pitfalls to avoid.
- Fun blogs about life, before and after escaping the Corporate Jungle.
- Your Bucket List
- And so forth...I'm sure you get the drift!
We are confident that having #OCD support will help grow our community, but ask that everyone who reads this take note of the one month trial period and consider re-blogging this post in order to attract new members outside our current circle.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK
We would like focus on a specific topic each week, and this week we are talking about...
Retirement Plans - Are they on track as envisioned or how do you envision your Retirement if you've not reached that goalpost yet?
- Blogs have to be published here in the Hive Silver Bloggers Community.
- Deadline will be very late Friday evening your time;)
- Please drop links to your posts in the comments section of this blog.
Highlighting posts shared in our community this week
Please support our Silver Bloggers by reading, commenting and upvoting if you've enjoyed their blog; we have some really awesome talent here:
- Congratulations to our talented #silverblogger @artywink whose touching true story A Brush with Death in an Eye of a Storm was the first #silverbloggers post spotted by the @ocd team, curated by @anggreklestari and upvoted by OCD.
Sketch by Peter Wink
- Great seeing you here in the adult community as you tongue in cheek described our Silvers @bengy;) Guys, read all about Cooking that Perfect Egg! and surprise your wife with a healthy breakfast in bed now that you're retired; and if still on your way there, you have Saturday and Sunday to surprise her; how about it guys?
Photo by @bengy
- @papilloncharity shared stunning Sand Art with us and suggested building these kind of sand-castles could be a creative and fun way of generating extra income for our arty coastal dwellers in Faces at the sea!
Photo by @papilloncharity
- @fionasfavourites was busy this week as usual preparing for her Village Market Day which happens every Saturday and this week the lucky folk of McGregor are getting Sourdough Rolls and Soup; you can read all about it in Friday Files: Soup and Bread, oh and Olives.
Why not start your own little village or community market wherever you are in the world?
Photo by @fionasfavourites
- @joanstewart took us back to traveling in the late seventies in her fascinating Travel Diary 1978 - Part 2 - Dover (UK) - Oostende Belgium - Luxembourg - Holland; giving a glimpse to our younger folk of how different travel was back in the day, plus looking at the cost back then!
Photo by @joanstewart
- Another regular Silver Blogger @isabelpena shares how Mother's Day is celebrated in her troubled country Venezuela with her blog Today was a special day, I hope it was also for you and left us with this VALUABLE food for thought:
Miracles exist and we have to be vigilant to observe them.
Photo by @isabelpena
- A fellow foodie friend @carolynstahl who only ever blogs on food, opened up and shared her growing-up years with us, with treasured photos in I went from a Thai kid to a Canadian woman - Reminiscing of the weird past, my mother and father.
Our amazingly talented foodie lost her mother at a young age.
Thank you for entrusting your personal story with us here in the Silver Bloggers @carolynstahl!
Check out this awesome foodie's blog if you enjoy delicious plant-based food; you will certainly be amazed and inspired!
- I had a good chuckle reading @angiemitchell telling us how Everyday is definitely not a Sunday, something many of us learn very soon after Retirement, so remember that all our younger members!
Further, we welcome any cross-posting from members blogging in other communities if you believe the topic would be of interest to our Silver Bloggers but #silverbloggers is required.
Those posts however cannot be put forward by us for OCD support; it has to be done by the original community.
We do encourage our members to continue blogging in current communities where their topic is a better fit.
Hive Silver Bloggers
If you're between the ages of 40 and 100 and have a passion for blogging and cryptocurrency plus have some wisdom to share, please read our Intro Post and subscribe to the new Hive Silver Bloggers Community that has attracted some of the best talent here on Hive.
Please don't forget to Follow after subscribing.
Finally, please feel free to use this image on your blog and Social media pages to attract new members to Hive, image link below.
Do you know this Badge?
Banner created by @derangedvisions