Here's a sneak peek of what I've been working on...
The idea also resonates with one I've been thinking about for over a year now: a place to share short form content, that's quote-like and quotable. So I decided to bring the two ideas together to make one platform.
Re:Quoted, as I'm designing it, fulfils two primary functions:
- A platform to share short-form, quote-like and quotable content (yours or someone else's)
- A platform to explore, discover and retrieve such content, and integrate it into your own posts
Progress so far
- Backend code: I have working backend code that supports a number of
custom JSONoperations for most of the basic functions of the platform. I'm hoping to bring this to a stable beta and release an API for frontends this month (more on this below).
- Android app: I have an alpha version that reads data from the server and loads quotes for browsing "trending" content. Login and quote submission still WIP.
Screenshots of app:
- THIS MONTH: API that front-ends can use to submit quotes, search and pull from existing ones, for users to integrate in posts/comments (like a quote embed).
- NEXT MONTH: Android app (MVP): submit and discover quotes/quotable content
- Discussions: forums to discuss individual quotes
- Beneficiary revenue opportunities for original authors
In the long run, the app/platform will also enable me to implement some of the backend features I had developed last year for my fork of Hivemind (Hivemind X) such as Discussion Rooms, Polls and Native Ads. As well as some content discovery algorithms I've been playing around with (semi-released as Relate a while ago).
I'm really looking forward to releasing an MVP for this soon. Let me know what you think of it :)