I enjoy a good tiramisu! The creamy layers, the espresso soaked ladyfingers- every bite is a treat! I was really craving this delicious Italian dessert that’s pretty much a staple in my home but I was in no mood to bake a batch of ladyfingers!
I had just ordered a batch of my favorite brand of madeleines I decided to use them instead! Their spongy consistency definitely would work as a replacement!
Being that our hens are up to 8 eggs a day we had plenty of yolks to whip up this amazing dessert!
4 egg yolks
1 8 oz container marscapone cheese
1/2 cup sugar, divided
3/4 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp rum
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup espresso
- Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar until frothy and pale yellow. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream with the remainder of your sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in marscapone into cream and fold in egg mixture. Set aside.
- Add rum and vanilla to espresso. Dip your madeleines completely in this liquid.
- Layer madeleines and cream mixture in mild of your choice.
- Sieve cocoa powder over last layer of cream and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
I promise you your family will enjoy this dessert just as much as mine does!
Have you ever made tiramisu before?
Now I’m off to dice some fruit for my family. After this decadent dessert we need some balance!
May your home be filled with warmth, your pantry full and may you always have good health!