It’s a chilly morning but I really wanted a salad. What better than a wilted spinach salad with a warm sweet dressing for days like these!
It’s quick, easy and delicious!
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp vinegar (anything but plain white vinegar works)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced shallots or red onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup thick sliced bacon diced
- Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside and reserve drippings in pan.
- Add onions and garlic to drippings and sauté.
- Add vinegar (I use red onion infused vinegar), sugar, salt and pepper and whisk until it boils.
- Pour over spinach and serve with the cooked bacon and halved hard boiled eggs and enjoy!
I like to serve this salad with roasted chicken breast but today I opted for a loaded, crispy hasselback potato I made in my air fryer which if you don’t have one I totally recommend you get one! It cuts down on so much oil use when frying!
Today I will be skipping my daily walk to tidy and organize my walk in closet. It might jot sound fun to a lot of people but I am seriously looking forward to doing that today!
What chores do you have planned for your day?
May your home be filled with warmth, your pantry full and may you always have good health!