I found this fascinating piece of data thanks to Raoul Paul from Realvision that points to the fact that it is not going to be all right...
Let us compare some data points and learn
What the Data tells us:
In the face of the pandemic different regions have set up different rules according to the severity of the situation.
Arkansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota have no known stay-at-home-orders or business closures in place.
So if you take a look at the next graph which is data taken from the site of TOMTOM (the GPS tracking company) you can compare numbers from this week with the ones from the average of last year.
For a state that never even locked down there seems to be a lot less traffic around... Coincidence??
Let's try a few more cities all over the United States:
And this goes on and on... It is the same not only in the US but all over the world.
People are not going out unless they have to. They are not moving around in the cities even if there is no lockdown.
And I really do fear that this is not going to change anytime soon. When that reality sinks in, that means a few things:
- Less spending
- Less volatility of money as people and businesses try to save liquidity.
- Fewer jobs to go back to since there is less spending
- Companies have fewer customers and need to lay off more people
- The stock market rolls over
- I guess we ain't seen nothing yet
So what to do?
Safe have assets look like a good bet right now.
- Gold is the veritable safe have since 4000 years
- Bitcoin is a possible new safe have asset but with a lot more upside than gold.
- people will also be looking online to find places to make some extra money. So who knows if a certain new and decentralized blogging platform and game hub could be an option?