All my recipe, nutrition and health posts from 2016 to 2018
This is a continuation of my 2018 recap, so don't upvote it! This is for my own convenience, but hopefully it will also be useful to others.
RECIPES AND KITCHEN TIPS:
• Choc Blackcurrant Smoothie ~ Feijoa Pear Smoothie ~ Cashew Porridge ~ Other Breakfast ideas
• Grain free, dairy free Pumpkin & Cashew Bread ~ Carrot Almond bread ~ Vegetable muffins ~ Grain free cheese muffins ~ Carrot Cashew Blender Bread ~ Stove top grain free bread ~ Cheesy Pumpkin Almond bread – gluten and grain free ~
• Grain Free Banana Cashew muffins ~ Birthday cake recipe ~ Grain Free Apple Cashew Walnut Muffins ~ Apple Walnut Coconut Flour muffins ~ Low carb Cream Cheese Cookies ~ Sugar free, paleo, vegan birthday cake recipe (better than it sounds!) ~ Egg free Easter buns & revisiting my orange almond cake ~ Sugar free brownies ~
SOUPS, LUNCHES & DINNERS:
• Warming winter soup ~ Paleo Cottage Pie ~ I judged the Steemit Culinary Challenge: Paleo ~ No potato fries / NZ sweet potatoes ~ “Use up those vegetables that you bought and never used” winter soup ~ “Keep me going till dinnertime” supersized lunch salad ~ Marinated chicken wings
SNACKS & FINGER FOODS:
• Healthy Chocolate & Fudge ~ Jerky with vegetables ~ Choco-mallow protein bars ~ Grain free Fruit & Nut bar ~ Finger food for a gathering ~ Real food ideas for snacks and road trips ~ Coconut lime chocolate ~ Bedtime Bliss Balls ~ Avocado stuffed eggs ~ A day in the kitchen, prepping for Xmas
• Festive smoothies for Xmas morning ~ Orange Cranberry Xmas Breakfast Muffins ~ Crisp & crunchy Xmas cheese stars ~ Best ever (and easiest) Christmas cake ~ Xmas menu ideas ~ Planning your holiday eating to be a bit more balanced ~ Paleo Easter Buns (coconut-almond flours, gluten and starch free, lowish carb) ~ Even yummier Paleo Easter Buns ~ Christmas treats for GAPS, Paleo and other whole food or therapeutic diets ~ Xmas spiced nuts ~ Chocolate Mousse ~ Gluten & sugar free Xmas cakes ~ Cranberry smoothie & other Festive breakfasts ~ Gingerbread men ~ Looking back at Xmas, with recipes & photos
KITCHEN TIPS & MENUS:
• Tip for storing ginger & tumeric ~ Equipment for the real food kitchen ~ Hang out in my kitchen this weekend - help me cook and listen to some music! ~ How many different meals can I cram into the oven in one go? ~ What’s been happening in my kitchen this week? ~ Enjoying the bounty of feijoas (pineapple guavas) – muffins, smoothies and more
• The wide variety of healthy diets out and what they have in common
• The travels of Weston A Price and his discoveries about healthy diets
• Good fats vs bad fats
• DNA testing for better Health & Fitness
• DNA testing part 2: How Well Do I Digest Carbs?
• DNA testing Part 3: I can’t eat Carbs & How to Manage that
• About the Gut & Psychology syndrome (GAPS) diet Part 1 – Can it help autism?
• GAPS diet Part 2: Foods we can’t have
• GAPS diet Part 3: Foods we CAN have
• GAPS diet Part 4: What if I can’t eat some animal foods
• Salicylate intolerances
• Introduction to the Paleo diet
• How to get started on a Real Food diet Part 1
• Why use Real Food diets for healing
• How to get started on a Real Food diet Part 2
• We did a three day water fast
• Comparison of different diets – which is for you?
• Should you eat Dairy? Part 1: Pasteurisation
• Cashews and the Paleo diet
• Should you eat Dairy? Part 2: Quality
• Is salt good or bad for you?
• Should you eat Dairy? Part 3: Is it food for humans?
• Real food for babies – Part 1
• Real food for babies – Part 2
• Why is my child chronically ill? What can I do about it?
• If a ketogenic diet can prevent seizures, could other diet styles cause them?
HEALTH & LIFESTYLE:
• Sleep like a kitten Part 1 – 3 tips
• Sleep Well Part 2 – What’s your sleeping style?
• Sleep Well Part 3 – Resetting your body clock
• Thoughts about Breast Health
• I’ve got a cold & how to handle it
• Overcoming my fears
• Positivity Challenge 4 – Emotional Freedom Technique Part 1
• EFT Part 2 – Getting started
• Six days training in a new natural therapy
• Quick & Easy calming tip
• EFT Tapping videos for Xmas stress
• Seated exercise – legs
• Seated exercise – head & shoulders
• Ways to boost my winter immunity
• How to beat the stress of Xmas (or the stress of playing the crypto currency game)
• Started my water fast and Day 4 of Gratitude challenge
• Gratitude Day 5 and Water Fast Day 2
• 1000 followers, Gratitude Day 6 and Water Fast Day 3
• Gratitude Day 7 and Fasting Day 4 – moving off the water to other liquids
• Gratitude day 9 / Fasting days 5 & 6 - transitioning back onto solid food
• If we open ourselves up to be connected, can we still protect our own energy?
• Do you have allergies / sensitivities and how can you fix them?
• Do depression and anxiety always need medical treatment? I say NO! Part 1.
• Do depression and anxiety always need medical treatment? I say NO! Part 2.
• Finding a space where vegans and meat eaters can agree to differ, and still be friends
• Trouble sleeping? Try my Bedtime Bliss Ball recipe.
• TIL heaps more about fasting, keto eating, and how ANYONE can use them for health, weight loss
• Keto & fasting 2 – being metabolically flexible, and how this ties in with what our ancestors ate
• Keto & fasting 3 – Introduction to meal spacing and fasting
• Keto & fasting 4 – How to switch to being a fat burner more easily
• Keto & fasting 5 – First step in changing from a standard diet to a keto diet – just eat real food