Hello, We hope everyone is well and staying safe at home. In this post, we want to share about Dapplr and what is cooking up behind the curtains. The Home screen actions including upvotes, comment, reblogs, tips are being implemented. In this post, we want to share a new and instant way to upvote a blog post with a locally managed Queue at device level. We will let you watch the video now…
Frontend Progress -
- Remove 3 seconds transition time to perform upvote -
- As we all know the upvote transaction takes 3 seconds to be performed and as suggested by some of the members from the community, a user cannot wait that long and it should be instant and without any loading time. This functionality has been integrated in the application.
- Being Aware of the current upvote power -
- As suggested by @midlet and after some internal discussion, which is to show an upvoting bar (Current voting manabar) while upvoting. This was to make sure that the upvoter knows its current power status and can manage upvoting posts accordingly.
- Upvotes Range -
- It becomes very hard for an upvoter to choose the exact number to vote with. So we designed a slider range which would help people with big stakes to upvote as they desire. It is persistent and is a part of user preference. It will be available to users having upvoting power greater than 100 and less that that would be offered with a 0 to 100 percent slider.
- Gif Support Added -
- A gif would automatically start playing as soon as the custom parser finds it.
Design Progress -
- Profile page designs, enhancements, list view, grid view and profile actions are done.
- Content detail page designs are also completed.
- Chat architecture and sockets have been integrated.
- Auth token generation, integrated for the users to be verified to give them access to the chat.
Details and Difficulties
- Focused Slider - It was really hard for us to decide the final design for our upvote slider because of a very small form factor. We wanted to make sure when a user upvotes a post, he is completely focused on how much percentage of upvote he/she wants to give.
- Custom Slider Curves and Smooth Movements - We are making a design first app so we always make sure a wonderful experience is delivered no matter how difficult it is to implement.
- ProcessQueue - We are storing the upvotes in the queue as soon as it have some upvotes to process. It really makes the experience really fluid. In addition, we are not updating the other variables including the Payout amount and Upvote Power Remaining and they will only be updated once the upvote transaction is completed. This is to make the payout value and upvote percentages consistent with other platforms.
- Chat on Backend - Initially we thought of having an End to End encrypted chat based system so that our server can’t access any chats or messages. It turned out to be a kind of centralized decentralized system. We either need a completely decentralized system or a centralized one. For now, we are going ahead with the centralized chats and as we are moving forward, we are also researching LOKI (a decentralized platform to fulfill our needs for chats) and it makes use of some really cool stuff such as onion routing. The chats are going to be amazing and will be easily ported to any platform.
- Designs - Designs have been a core part of our app and we wanted to make everyone feel connected and our goal is to put a smile, every time a user opens up the app.
- Content Detail Page
- Video Player Integration
- Adding validations throughout the code.
- Adding Reblog and Comment action button on the homepage.
- Beneficiaries details.
The Team Need Your Support
The Dapplr team is working very hard to help the community deliver its First Design Based Application and we have been working for more than a month. We need your support to cover our expenses and help this community build an application that will standout from any Social media user interface. We are not asking for much, it’s only 30 HBD / day , just so that at least 50% of daily expense could be covered. We want this community to live forever and compete with Giant centralized social media platforms. We all can make this happen together.
In addition, without funding / proposal upvotes, we will be the only people developing and designing the application. Because of this, the launch date may get delayed.
We want to thank our wonderful supporters - @acidyo, @runicar, @ash, @joetunex . You guys have been awesome and helping us spread the word. Our special thanks to @runicar and @acidyo for helping us market the product.
Support us by voting for our proposal
Total funds requested: 4830 HBD (30 HBD daily)
Runs from Apr 17, 2020 - Sep 25, 2020 (161 days)
If funded, these funds will be used to cover 3rd party costs: our server and the junior dev/design team.