BEGINNER TUTORIAL CONTEST #2
After the last major update we need a few more tutorials that explain the basic rules of the game and all of the new possibilities that have become available since the last contest.
- You have 1 week to post a game tutorial for beginners
- It can be a post on Hive or even a video on 3speak/youtube ( max 10min )
- Use the tag dcity so we can find it easily, you can also drop the link to your post on the dcity discord
- You can use any graphics used on the DCITY web page, or in posts made by @gerber or this account. Also there is #media-kit channel on discord
- Covering the most important rules of the game
- 100 HIVE for the best tutorial
- 50 HIVE for second place
- 25 HIVE for 3 other tutorials picked by the jury
- Upvotes will also be given out to all submissions
Short Clips and Posts Contest
If you don't have time to make a tutorial, you can also make a short post or clip explaining your favorite mechanic or feature in the game. These will be rewarded with small tips 1-5 hIVE and upvotes. Remember to drop it on the game discord in right channel for posts.
Most Important New Features in dCity:
Unlocking technologies doesn't give you the actual technology card and bonus. Instead, by unclocking tech, you put technologies on the list for possible discovery. Then every day you have a chance based on your education level to discover technology. 40 Education = a 1% chance with a max cap of 25%.
When discovery happens, a card is chosen from a tier at random. Here is the probabilistic breakdown:
- Tier 1 - 49%
- Tier 2 - 29%
- Tier 3 - 14%
- Tier 4 - 6%
- Tier 5 - 2%
As you can see if you are lucky with discovery, you have a 49% chance to get a Tier 1 technology card and a 2% chance for a Tier 5.
1 week after the last update was released, none of the Tier 4 & 5 tech cards were printed.
- Players can trade technology cards
- To be eligible for Discovery, your city needs to have a Research Center in it
In the government tab you can see the taxes set by the current president as well as the income tax (tax connected to the token price). For now dCITY is still under @gerber's dictatorship as we are testing all of the functions and make plans to add a few more before players launch political campaigns.
After the update, you can now organize more events in the game by using tribe tokens (STEM, CCC, WEED):
WEED and BEER production
Now we have 2 assets with in-game mining tokens. The Brewery and WEED Farm will produce BEER and WEED for players.
The screenshot above shows many tokens are produced by one Brewery or WEED Farm.
Both tokens are used to organize events, then 1% from event wallet is distributed every day to the owners of those buildings. There is also a Fully Automated Brewery technology which doubles your Brewery shares and if you organize a WEED Fest, your Weed Farm shares are doubled.
On a daily basis your immigrants and homeless are trained into workers (80%), artists (10%) and scientists (10%).
- Every homeless/immigrant card gives a 0.01% chance for training.
- Every Job Center card gives a 3% chance for training.
- You can train 1 Homeless/Immigrant card daily but if you've got the Advanced Training technology card, it becomes 2 per day
Positive Popularity is required for training.
Special Effects on Assets
- Hospital: +1% in population
- Law Firm: 10% tax reduction
- Job Center: +3% traning chance
- Social Aid Office: -100 from social support costs
- Military Industrial Complex: shares from war taxes
On a daily basis you can receive a background. The probability is defined by the Creativity in your city - 80 creativity = a 1% chance for a background with a max cap of 25%. Art gallery is required in city to receive background.
Work in Progress
Some elements on the webpage are still under development and the display for certain stats (especially those impacted by technology cards that change building stats) may be incorrect. We're working on that along with many other elements that will make the game UI/UX easier:
- Market reorganization - grouping items for a better market exploration experience
- Dashboard is being reworked - a summarized view to see how many items of each type you own
- Stats on market (the actual 24h trading volume on cards is around 5000 HIVE), it would be nice to show some statistics about that ;)
- Collection tab - a separate tab to manage backgrounds and maybe other in-game collectibles in the future
- Mass Transfers - add a capability for mass transfers/sells on the webpage (currently, this feature is only available with the #cityhelper discord bot made by @mice-k)
|Game Webpage||dCity Discord||Game Tutorials|
|Game Webpage||dCity discord||by @apprentice001|