You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Is STEEM a good buy at $0.98 USD? #discussion

in #discussion7 years ago

Whoa. I would love a triple espresso.

But, my buddy Bill turned me on to the Quad espresso at Starbucks. For $2.75, I get 4 shots of espresso in a small paper cup. I add some milk and then pour it over ice - either in my off-brand Yeti, or I ask for a Plastic Venti cup of ice.

Bill says it's the best caffeine value out there. So, it's my morning ritual to hit Sbux on my way to work and get a Quad. That keeps me going most of the day!

Sort:  

As a previous barista, I can vouch for this method! You can save a lot of money by ordering straight shots and doing a little quick doctoring. I actually do the exact same thing you do... shots with cream over ice!

Have to stick with 3 shots NO CREAM NO ICE!!

Just STRAIGHT!!!

P.S. That EXTRA 4th shot will over due it for me...

This sounds like we need a side Post covering coffee and the best places / ways to order it when we're out and about.

Great. Now my mouth is watering for a Quad! ;-)

Haha that is a great idea! As an ex barista, I have lots of tricks up my sleeve. 😉 I could probably put a post together today!

Excellent. I can wax poetic for days on good coffee. Well, maybe just a couple of minutes, but...

Man all this talk of espresso is really making me crave it! Heading down to my favorite shop now. 😜

Ok - my post is live! Thanks for the inspiration on a fun post idea. Here's the link -
https://steemit.com/life/@coruscate/insider-tips-from-a-barista-to-save-money-at-coffee-shops

I'd love to save money, but no thanks to their exclusive politics.