Years ago I wanted to make a cake that allowed me to fill it with many types of creams, which were soft to the touch, economic and easy to prepare. This cake is delicious you can even eat it without cream. To prepare it I put all the ingredients on the table and boil a cup of water so that I don't have to waste time on its preparation.
- 1 cup of self raising flour plus 3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 spoon of vanilla
- 6 drops of almond esence
- 3/4 cup of cacao in powder
- whisk 4 spoons of milk in 1 cup of boiling water
- Place the oil and the sugar in a bowl, add the vanilla and the esence. Mix well till the mixture gets white
- Then add the eggs one at a time, mix
Now comes the rest of the ingredients
- Sieve the flour and the cocoa together with the baking powder, and add it to the above
- Mix well and add the whole boiling milk
- Put the the mixture in a tin and place it in the oven
- Cook it at 180 °C for 30 upto 40 minutes
- Becareful with the cooking time. If you let it cook for long it will burn underneath and it will dry
- It is a soft cake
I am serving it with italian meringue. You can fill it with chocolate ganash. You can try cream with strawberries or coconut cream with chocolate drops or anything you have at hand..
It is important that you wet the cake with a loose sirop, but don't wet it too much so that it does't crumble.
Sirop of orange:
Usar 1 naranja, 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of sugar. Boil it till it thickens a little bit
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://ladyfont.000webhostapp.com/2019/11/soft-and-versatile-easy-cake-for-your-collection