Great ideas, love your passion for hive.
There is a technological solution for hive that can help with onboarding, but it's currently still being debated and if it will ever be implemented it's not soon.
It consists of creating lite accounts that have only one private key, similar to other blockchains bitcoin and ethereum.
That way, we can let the whole crypto ecosystem educate users about private keys, and when they join hive, the experience is similar. This would only allow lite accounts to transact in hive, but it is better than the current one-click accounts for multiple reasons:
- lite accounts can access the whole ecosystem using a single account.
- more secure since people own their own private key. With the current model, if 3speak or leo get hacked, hackers could gain access to a lot of private keys, which would be disastrous.
- easier for dapps to reward lite accounts than creating custodial hive accounts.
- Lite accounts could theoretically be converted to full hive accounts in a trustless manner, without 3rd parties.
The drawbacks would be the following:
- for people who never heard of blockchains before, even one private key is complicated.
- a lite account would not be able to make real hive posts, so no censorship resistance.
- lots of complicated dev work to make this a reality.
However, I think that censorship resistance is a secondary concern for most people (sadly), what they really want is to earn tokens from the community they join.
If you have some ideas to add in the pros and cons to add would love to hear them.