By now if you have followed my weekly Tutorials, you may have guessed the power of the GDevelop for game development. The games are pretty easy to make and also it's easy for both kids and adults to make powerful games.
In previous tutorials, I explained you how to download and create new project. And in second tutorial I explained you how to create new scene. So we are going to move ahead of this and learn how to add background image or background color in the Gdevelop.
Image Credit: Gdevelop
Follow the instructions below to add the background image.
- Install GDevelop from official site.
- Open up Gdevelop.
- Create new project. You can follow first post in the series for more in depth tutorial.
- Click on project explorer on left top panel.
- Choose scene.
- In right sidebar scene explorer, click on add object.
- In add object you are supposed to add spire.
- In sprite you can choose image of size 1024×1024 or 2048×2048.
- Add that image and save the sprite.
- Drop the sprite on the scene.
- Expand or repeat the image on the scene as possible.
- Save and Preview.
You can also check out the Video instruction of the tutorial.
Make sure that image that you add is not too big or too small. Small would destroy the scene dimension as you will be forced to use the image repeatedly and not all games are suitable for that.
If you are developing the game for the web, then find out the most common resolution and then add that image into the editor. Also make sure to repeat or the scale as per the resolution. For android you have to go for the most common type of the screen resolutions supported. This is necessary to setup before you can add too many elements in the project.
Now that we have learned how to add the background image. Let's learn to add the spire into the current scene. And then we will go for the sprite animation. And we will also see how to add event actions to the game.
We will continue the further game development topic in next post.