Hello hivers and happy Sunday. We are still in the season of love, to show love and be loved in return because we all deserve it. It's a new week and as usual, the #ladiesofhive community has come with prompt questions to keep us engaged this week. In turn I go with the first question about the encounters women face in the society or the world at large. How they face risks, both physical and psychological threats, and also self defense set in place to avoid danger
As a woman, I think we are built in a kind of way that projects resistance. I our contemporary society, women have been able to face their fears regardless of the situation. We have come to terms that we cannot just accept whatever negativity thrown at us. We are determined to fight back and live our lives how we deem fit without been dictated to about what to do or accept by the society.
How do women prepare to face physical and psychological threats?
In the kind of society we find ourselves, we all have to be prepared for whatever happens at any given time, not like it's justifiable because a woman should be free and protected by the society. I fact we are basically open to physical and psychological threats every now and then. The physical threats may come in different forms such as domestic violence where the partner proves superiority by hitting a woman, slapping her or destroying certain things like her school degree certificate. Other form of physical threats could be by sexual violence through rape, professing deceitful love and so on.
For psychological threats, this has to do with emotional abuse and it very common, this can come from anybody. On the street, at work, market, office and so on. Just like I mentioned on threads the other day on how a woman accused her fellow woman of not been able to give birth to male children. This can be emotionally draining and depressing. Been defensive at times to psychological abuse is not the right path most times, sometimes it might just need you to walk away and find solace in a peaceful place.
A woman can learn various self defence skills in case she is met with these usual circumstances and also practice various safety methods. Some are:
- first is carry safety tools that can serve as weapon, that is it is legal. Some people get teasers, pocket knives and pepper spray. Using this will buy you time to run away or call for help.
- take precautions by monitoring your environment, don't be carelesa but be careful to know when someone is following or trailing you. Be conscious of how you left stuffs and how you met them, check your cars and all.
- you could also learn practical techniques like karate or whatever, or just know how to aim for nuts😂
- you would also need to trust your instincts
- be confident in yourself and build self esteem.
In all, we just have to be physically and mentally ready for whatever situation we find ourselves in or communities.
Thanks for stopping by my blog...
Posted Using InLeo Alpha