We appreciate your posts and the following ones are randomly selected because of their botanical qualities. They are manually curated on behalf of the Amazing Nature Community.
First a brief explanation about Botany:
Botany is a broad term covering scientific study of plants. It could be from a small living organism to a tree. Included would be flora, fungi, lichens, trees and flowering plants.
We are also interested in plants for their psychological (good for the mind & soul) benefits.
Through botany, medicinal properties are discovered from nature. Food, medicines, parks, forests, pollution and much more have been improved with botanical knowledge. Botanists search for alternatives from the harmful chemicals used on crops and the deforestation that has damaged the health of our planet.
Herbalism, with ancient people identifying edible, medicinal or poisonous plants, is the original of Botany. Our ancestors and Native peoples were botanists in their own right. They knew of the healing properties to be found in plants but much of that knowledge had been lost to future generations.
Now I would like to bring your attention to the curated posts and ask you to show some love to the amazing authors:
- @magdiel7 realizes how beautiful and incredible nature is wherever he sees the Bourgainvillea plant with it’s colorful blooms. These plants can be seen around many homes to bring certain areas to a more botanical level and to make it aesthetically pleasing.
- @veronicabracho loves the aroma from the flowers of the Cocoa Mother tree. The flowers are a great source of nectar for bees and grandmother tells her the flowers bloom around Easter. Besides being a nice shade tree, it is also planted to restore contaminated land.
- @diana20 shares with us the exotic Calla Lily. Besides being an easy perennial to grow for beautification of the home, this lovely plant is often seen in floral arrangements.
We like to see quality posts. You have a chance to be selected for OCD curation.
A special thanks to #OCD for curating and supporting the Amazing Nature Community.
To be eligible for curation:
Contents must be posted directly into the Amazing Nature Community feed or use hive-127788 as first tag if posting from Ecency.
Photographs and text must be your own or properly sourced with a nice description for each individual photo. Please state why those photos represent your Amazing Nature.
Do not post a string of pictures without text. Add some explanations between each one of them.
Entries for the Amazing Nature Contest and Thematic Challenge are separate. They will be highlighted in the competition evaluation.
Special features in Amazing Nature
- A Weekly Contest organized by @adalger, the Amazing Nature community leader
- Amazing Nature Articles curated by community moderators, @nelinoeva, @tinta-tertuang and @redheadpei
- News in the Field of Nature from @juanbg
- Thematic Challenge by @bucipuci
DNA is an organization to foster and DENSIFY NATURE-APPRECIATION which aims to establish REPORTS OF BIODIVERSITY DATA that is contributed by all of us Hiveans and subsequently cataloged.
Therefore DNA searches for HIGH-QUALITY posts that aim to DESCRIBE and determine the BIODIVERSITY AROUND YOU with added EXPLANATIONS and INFORMATION. For these informative posts they offer a CURATION SERVICE using the @dna.org account. It is also a CURATION TRAIL. Just add the #dna TAG if you think that any of your posts are what they are looking for.
Thanks Nature Lovers for being with us!
See you next time with more amazing posts!