This a major update to the price feed script I had written in Node JS (https://hive.blog/witness-category/@drakos/steemjs-tools-witness-price-feed-in-nodejs). It relies on Steem-JS, therefore it supports both the Hive and Steem blockchains out of the box without any further modifications to the library.
This v2.0 release can be found here:
- Application resilience with NodeJS restart on crash/exit.
- Automatic RPC switching.
- Supported exchanges: Binance, Bittrex, Huobi, Ionomy, Poloniex, Probit, Upbit.
- USDT/USD correction.
- Added two more exchanges that recently listed Hive (Ionomy and Probit).
- Implemented Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) in the calculation.
- Improved error handling, e.g. when an exchange is unreachable or doesn't return a result.
- JS code linting.
There are many improvements and modifications, so I recommend you start with a fresh copy of the tool to avoid any mixups or misconfigurations. Stop your older price feed process/docker and delete its folder. Reclone the repo and follow the fully documented instructions.
git clone https://github.com/Jolly-Pirate/pricefeed cd pricefeed git checkout v2.0