Another day of great places and stories around the globe to read about! This time we have great stories from The Philippines, The US, South Africa, Turkey, Venezuela, Vietnam, Australia, The UK, Sweden, Spain, India, Romania, and Indonesia - So a little bit of everything! - Enjoy ;)
All featured posts are visible on the Editors Choice Map and upvoted by @pinmapple, @blocktrades, @theycallmedan and the curation trail. For more travel digests check out #traveldigest.
Our winners today 🍍
🥇 Experiencing the Majestic Splendor and Fulfillment of Tindog-Bato Peak, The Philippines by @callmesmile
Some of the little things which brought sheer bliss to me, that I won't get tired of doing in the countryside is climbing to this certain peak of the mountain almost every year, the mountain that felt my own, my hometown's awe-inspiring Tindog- Bato Peak. I've been climbing this mountain for times I could no longer count and yet I always feel the same satisfaction and contentment every time I reach its top. Because of this, I shared this paradise and invited some of my friends, classmates, and later on, my students to climb and see before their eyes the breathtaking views that Tindog- Bato Peak has offered.
🥈 Share Our World: Botanical Garden, Atlanta, The US by @sjarvie5
If you are going to Atlanta, Georgia this garden is wonderful! I spent a couple of hours here in early June. Since I was visiting in the summer and I am a morning person I went right when it opened and the weather was still cool enough. By 11 am it was warm. Interesting to me is how many mom's were pushing their children in strollers around the garden. The more I thought about it what a beautiful 30 acres to get your exercise!
🥉 The Voortrekker Monument, Pretoria, South Africa by @fermentedphil
There are a couple of things we can relatively be certain about. History is often brutal and violent, and that history is often told by the victors or those who are actually writing the history. Book titles often come in the form of "Contested Histories" and so on, but this is somewhat misleading. History is written by the victors and getting to an "objectively valid" history is somewhat of a myth. Narratives always play a big role in this.
With that said, the Voortrekker Monument in Pretoria, South Africa, tells the story of the "voor trekkers". Literally translated, it can read as the "front pullers", which is sometimes a phrase used by people being funny and playing with direct translations. But it basically means the forerunners or the "first peoples" moving inland from the Cape colony in South Africa. And this is where the "contested history" problem comes in. This history and the politics surrounding it, were nicely covered by another post on the Voortrekker Monument posted in 2018 by another blogger.
- Exploring the Magnificence of Kaputas Beach, Turkey by @darine.darine
- Adventure through the streets of Juan Griego , Margarita island, Venezuela by @isabelcjimenez
- Fansipan peak - the roof of Indochina, Vietnam by @iamsonneymar
- National Museum of Australia (Part 2): Canberra, Australia by @bengy
- Merc my day, Mercedes Benz World, The UK by @steevc
- Explore the sacred and majestic land of Ba Den Mountain, Vietnam by @sunnylady
- 🥦Mizuo's Travel Blog🥦No.44 - Mora, Sweden by @mizuosemla
- Kayaking Horseshoe Lake, Spring Heel Creek, The US by @flemingfarm
- Discovering the rugged coast of the Asturias region, Spain by @haastrecht
- Sula Vineyards: A tranquil gateway, Nashik, India by @dikshabihani
- Let's travel together #259 - Plaja Sulina (Sulina Beach), Romania by @gabrielatravels
- The Salted Fish Processing Center, Lhokseumawe - Indonesia by @ichsannanda
Support pinmapple and HaveyoubeenhereThe more support we get, the more we can give back! Want to help?
Delegate to Pinmapple!
Follow our curation trail
Upvote the Traveldigest
Did you know we made an awesome mobile application for the travel community?
Join over 400 travelers there!
You can use it to post directly to Hive and Pinmapple!
Want to know more about what we're up to next?
Join our Discord
Follow us on Twitter
Want to learn a bit more about our projects?
Learn more about Pinmapple
Learn more about Haveyoubeenhere