Another day of great places and stories around the globe to read about! This time we have great stories from Thailand, Luxembourg, The Philippines, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Poland, India, Italy, Jordania, the US, Argentina, and Serbia - So a little bit of everything! - Enjoy ;)
All featured posts are visible on the Editors Choice Map and upvoted by @pinmapple and our curation trail and potentially @blocktrades and @theycallmedan. For more travel digests check out #traveldigest.
Our winners today 🍍
🥇 Join the northern tradition at Wat Pa Mai Daeng, Chiang Mai, Thailand with my family. Enjoy old temple hundreds of years old with beautiful architecture, sculptures and shows by @kriang3teejoe
Hello everyone. Three days ago, I took wife, wife's mother, and granddaughter to Wat Pa Mai Daeng to join the northern tradition. This tradition is called slakkapat tradition, The tradition of the offering dedicated food and necessary things to monks in the temple and monks from other temples who come to participate in rituals at the temple that hosts the traditional (slakkapat), With the condition that each monk will draw lots to receive food or necessary things from each person who makes merit. This year my wife and I joined in the slakkapat tradition at several other temples in Chai Prakan districts and Fang districts. But wife's mother and granddaughter joined for the first time this year.
🥈 Trliste Gezi Yarışması - Sanctuary of Truth by @kedi
There is a place I want to talk about as part of the Trliste travel contest. It is about the Sanctuary of Truth, a mysterious place at the northern end of Pattaya whose philosophy is based on the principles of peace and spirituality. To be honest, I did not even know such a place existed before I arrived to Pattaya. I had realized that there was a temple 8 km north of the town waiting to be explored, while doing research for the weekend. When I checked on the map, it was about 40 minutes away by motorcycle. I set off to experience the atmosphere of the temple up close, without wasting time.
🥉 The Schiessentümpel Waterfall of Mullerthal, Luxembourg. by @blind-spot
The Mullerthal region is often referred to as "The Switzerland of Luxembourg". When at Mullerthal, there are plenty of spots to visit. In the same region, there are various tourist spots, as well as geographical and political landmarks you'll embark upon. Most of them have to do with the river Black Ernz. The Schiessentümpel waterfall, the bridge, the Mullerthal trap, and the Mullerthal hiking track are all connected and further south is yet another, but lesser known Kallektuffquell waterfall. The Schiessentümpel waterfall is both beautiful and depending on the season, very different.
- That time we went camping during Halloween, Cebu, The Philippines by @kev.incredible
- Italian Culture, Cuba by @viltredeltoro
- Some iconic 50s buildings of Colinas de Bello Monte, Caracas, Venezuela by @coquicoin
- A trail to Ornak mountain refuge for everybody, Kościeliska Valley, Poland by @miosha
- Trekking to Yamunotri, finally saw the goddess, Uttarkashi, India by @himalayanwomb
- "The Castle of Rats and Its Ghosts", Valialle, Italy by @silviared945
- Touring the World in Just an Hour at the Mirror of the World in Sikatuna, Bohol, The Philippines by @kellyane
- One of the 7 New Wonders, Petra, Jordania by @filotasriza3
- An adventure in the cave and waterfall, Hayal-Boyaca, Colombia by @paoberroeta12
- ,, La Trei Brazi,,( At Three Fir Trees), Arad, Romania by @triplug
- Experiencing Pike Place Market, the Gum Wall and the Waterfront, Seattle, The US by @travelshots
- The Plaza de Congreso, Buenos Aires, Argentina by @belug
- Visiting the Fruska gora monasteries, Vrdnik, Serbia by @jelenaa
Support pinmapple and join the Pinmapple communityThe more support we get, the more we can give back! Want to help?
Delegate to Pinmapple!
Follow our curation trail
Upvote the Traveldigest
Want to know more about what we're up to next?
Join our Discord
Follow us on Twitter