Allow us to introduce ourselves. This is the official account of the team behind the BlockPress CMS launched at the SteemFest2 hackathon in Lisbon, 2017. Seven (and a bit) months later and we have released our first beta for user testing.
We have a lot more functionality planned, so stay tuned!
Follow @blockpress if you are only interested in the project, as we will resteem all BlockPress related posts with this account, plus add some exclusives, like this one.
It can be themed and currently comes with four distinct themes. Each supports a set of seven palettes. Custom themes and palettes are simple to make.
Where do we plan to go from here? Well the following issues are raised for our next release, beta 0.9.1:
- Filtering by user, to allow only posts by approved users, or all posts except banned users, in comments and post listings.
- Add option to show resteems in user blog post listings.
- Allow alternating styles to be applied to comments.
- Automatically load more posts when scrolling.
- Improved accessibility support.
- Tool to help less technical users create a config file.
- Improving themes with transforms and transitions.
These are what we will focus on, although we may take on some lower priority issues as well if it makes sense to do so, or the mood takes us.
We will also re-prioritise if anyone should choose to sponsor a particular feature.
Other important features we intend to add
- A fork combining BlockPress with a nodejs backend. This will allow a lot more flexibility in terms of saving configuration options without the user having to directly edit a config file.
- Use SteemConnect for adding comments, votes, sharing and making new posts, giving BlockPress fully interactive capability.
- Add modules for other blockchain based content. ONO, Everipedia, Whaleshares, and custom EOS based modules for example.
Hosting for delegation.
We plan to introduce hosting for your blockpress based site in return for delegation. We're thinking of 50SP for a single subdomain, with a single page for your blog streem, optionally filtered by a tag. More pages cost extra.
Dana also plans to offer a paid service designing custom themes to meet your requirements.
- Custom palette designers (CSS).
- Custom theme designers (HTML + CSS. Javascipt optional). Shape how BlockPress looks!
- Art. Fan art, mascot, banner.
- Best use of BlockPress. Take BlockPress and put it to use. Lets see what you all can do with it!