Note: For additional details on any of the below, please refer to the SPK Network Light Paper
Note: The SPK Network is completely open-source, and no tokens will be given to the team working on it. All SPK token distribution will be done by the SPK Network protocol, which rewards peers in the Network for providing social media content infrastructure services, and via the Hive claim drop.
What the System Aims to Achieve for DPoS Graphene Technology:
- DPoS becomes the natural go-to side chain for high fee protocols such as ETH and BTC.
- BTC, ETH, Hive, PPY, SPK, and Wax tips are all from the same blockchain account (more chains will be added as time goes on).
- Off-chain storage for reducing content/info storage bloat from Hive layer I.
- Censorship resistant data with the ability to delete your own off-chain content.
- Incentivised Peer to Peer content infrastructure provision system including as Content Delivery, Encoding, Storage.
- Distributed, on-chain NFT (attached image) & normal image storage on IPFS
- User self-hosting of NFTs.
- Own your NFTs outright (no need to rely on centralised NFT services such as Opensea.io).
- Open-source community content governance System, using community driven content policies and Content Portals. Each community regulates its own content.
- Compatible foundation for native Hive tokens, paving the way for smart contract and HMT tokens on Hive layer I with DEX system.
- Permanent Service Infrastructure DeFi Pools (SIPs) which back communities with fees generated from their own DeFi pools and grow forever.
- Payments for digital services and products into an autonomous DeFi pool protocol.
- Major sink for Hive & HBD with payments for LARYNX Miner Tokens and ad rights being locked into the SIP DeFi pool permanently
- Ability for DPos Chains to cap their governance tokens and sustain from SIP DeFi Fees instead of inflation.
- Efficiency Adjusting Miner Tokens LARYNX, claim dropped to all HIVE & HIVE POWER holders.
- Liquid gas token (BROCA), which gives the option for an alternative to the Resource Credits system if required outside of SPK Network.
- BROCA Gas token incentivises peers to provide improved content infrastructure services such as CDN, Encoding, and long term storage
- Highly deflationary, SPK Governance token with long term, diminishing inflation until supply cap is reached.
- SPK token Bond system where long term power-ups are rewarded with additional inflation, rewards, and additional governance rights.
- SPK decentralised proposal fund with stake weighted voting and competitive price bidding for proposals
- Independent and self-hosting content creator websites will be able to utilise the Network to create their own immutable Breakaway Communities / Speak Hubs, direct account ownership, community token economies, NFTs, and also distributed storage of their content.
- Open Source Web Application and skins for new communities to easily customise and set up a Breakaway Community / Speak Hub
- Meme backed NFT Mining of rare, collectible content creator issued MFT's
- Perma web - content that the community/creator deems as sufficiently important will be funded such that it can be stored permanently on the SPK Network IPFS system
- Open-source Distributed Database (OSDD) will allow for the following account features:
- Uploading off-chain,
- Commenting off-chain
- Adjusting account settings / Syncing account data across multiple devices and frontends
- Attaching multiple blockchain accounts to main account
- General content Advertisement System
- Communities Advertisement System
- LARYNX Miner Token Claim Drop 1
- LARYNX Miner Token Claim Drop 2
(NOTE: claim drops will be to Hive and Hive Power holders)
3Speak Team Involvement
The 3Speak team has developed the following applications which will run on top of Hive and the SPK Network:
- 3Speak Web Application
- 3Speak Desktop Application
- Distributed IPFS storage
- First time Hive has the ability to self host content and guarantees upload of and ability to watch a video on Hive / IPFS ecosystem even if 3Speak web application is not available.
Working with Peerplays
Peerplays Blockchain team has offered to provide their resources to help build the tokenomics system for SPK Network using an adaptation of their SONs technology.
The PBSA team has worked extensively with Graphine and has some of the worlds foremost expertise in the code base. They collaborated with the Hive core Dev team at the inception of Hive and have continued developing code together regularly ever since. The two teams have an extensive history of working together long prior to Hive having started.
Peerplays Blockchain is built on the same graphene code base as Hive, meaning any open source technology built on Peerplays can be integrated with Hive with minimal development resources.
The SPK Network tokenonmics system will, therefore, initially be built on Peerplays Blockchain, with the intention of working with the community to port it across to Hive layer 1 when the system is operating efficiently. Once testing is completed, the work front for porting accross to Hive will be open from approxiately Q2 2022.
In order to demonstrate long term support for this project and assist in creating the initial SIP liquidity pools, Peerplays will utilise their own funds to create the initial liquidity pools within the SPK Network DEX/SIP.
Additional Technical Details
Please refer to the post HERE issued by @vaultec and @bobinson for a technical summary of how this work will be achieved. The intention is that this demonstrates that the team has the technical know-how to complete this work. This document will provide you with additional context/understanding of the underlying design of the project. Keep in mind; this is also yet just an overview which is subject to change as we build out the protocol.
Scope of Milestones
Engineers to execute the scope:
- In-App Decentralised Node operation,
- CDN Node,
- Storage Node,
- Local Encoding Node,
- Service Node,
- Temporary Caching Nodes
- Service Node Indexing,
- Interfacing / integrating SONs with Speak network mining mechanisms,
- Storage Block Mining,
- CDN Mining,
- Encoder Node Mining,
- Service Node Mining,
- Caching / Pinning Mining/ad watching
- Disable Cashing / change IPFS node storage location,
- Storage Limiter Settings,
- Change Cache duration
- Orbit / OSDD Database accounts,
- Binding multiple blockchain accounts into a single account,
- Commenting using indexing system,
- Stake weighted voting,
- Syncing comments/upvotes/playlists and other information to and from indexing service nodes.
- Export/import user profile from file,
- Sync followers from Hive (First time user experience)
- Seed based Distributed Database key pairs,
Breakaway Communities / SPK Hubs
- Binding Hive communities to distributed communities,
- Multi Admin Support,
- Community Post Duplication prevention
Claim Drop System
- Claimed tokens distribution,
- Unclaimed tokens distribution,
- Community stake weighted voting system for distribution of unclaimed tokens
Set Up Your own Content Platform
- A SPK network SDK will be developed for the purpose of interacting with the Network from a custom frontend or 3rd party platform
- Additionally, during the development process, 3speak.tv will be refactored from the ground up to support the SPK network. Part of this will also include open sourcing a basic template for creating your own SPK network frontend.
Note: this is a rough high level overview; there will likely be more planned features in the future.
Note: this list is partially incomplete as not every feature has been architected and triaged yet.
Take a look at the MVP for the 3Speak desktop and flagship desktop app for the SPK network https://github.com/3speaknetwork/3Speak-app/releases
- User Verification System
- Leaderboard/ranking of content creators,
- Live Streaming directly from the app. (Open source distributed live streaming protocol)
- Ad network (Out of scope for now, but will be implemented in the future)
- Crypto tipping
- Video playlists (cross-platform, independent video playlist standard using Ceramic/Orbitdb)
- Selling premium content. Similar to Patreon.
- Translations (support multiple languages)
- Next vid button (as seen on 3speak.tv or youtube)
- Video recommendations on both watch page sidebar and on home page. Optional recommendation algorithm to tailor content to a user's preferences.
- Default Gateway selection. Ability to change your primary IPFS gateway.
- Running IPFS as a service/background in the app. Give users the option to disable or enable the background.
- Develop an interoperable wrapper for IPFS. IPFS currently lacks a interop layer between applications, meaning if two applications utilize the local daemon, there is a possibility of conflicting with each other.
- Automatically download videos from content creators you follow
- FFmpeg local encoding, Note this is done at present as an MVP but requires more extension/maturity.
- Webm-VP9 support across the board. Including support for decoding VP9 to H264 for playback on nonsupporting devices.
- Hardware acceleration.
- Video captions
- Video timestamps. Similar to how on youtube, creators can label certain sections of their video, effectively creating chapters.
- Temporary upload acceleration servers (Shunters as they are called in the desktop app)
- Debug Menu,
Service Infrastructure Pool (SIP)
- DeFi Mechanisms,
- Payments into SIP,
- Payments out to Project Funding Pool,
- Payments out to Support Infrastructure in times of low payouts,
- Token Wrapping,
- Community Liquidity pools & DeFi
SPK Network Proposal System
- Task Setting System,
- Funding mechanism,
- Bidding System,
- Voting System
Proposal Bidding Platform
(This is an MVP - not yet completed)
Peerplays SONs and Decentralised Token System
- Content creators can create their own tokens (UIAs), including token Staking,
- Stake weighted voting system for setting Network variables,
- Mining Rewards distribution system,
- Integrate Token system into Desktop App,
- Account Referral system Rewards Distribution,
- Sidechain Operating Nodes (SONs): a trustless, decentralized PoS cross-chain mechanism for running smart contracts and oracles to distribute rewards on the Network,
- Decentralised Exchange (DEX),
- Resource permission system (allows Dapps to limit account features to certain users so that assets and/or governance are available only on certain Dapps or to certain users),
- Instant Peer ID sign-up system with Facebook, Discord, and Google accounts as well as customs authorities,
- Peerplays SONs Governance System and Gamified User Namespaces (GUNS),
- Peerplays Subject Matter Expert (SMEC) governance and variables voting system,
- Dynamic Power Up rewards NFTs (Bond staking),
- The longer and more you Power Up, the higher your interest rate is. Additionally, the longer the Power-up is locked in, the more influential the governance vote becomes, rewarding long term holders with proportionally more influence, the longer they Power Up,
- Content Creator/community token creation system,
- Fan tokens creation system - these are sub tokens created by a member of a community that is attached to or associated with a top-level creator token or community.
- NFTs (Native ERC 721 & 1155 compliant),
- NFT Market place and bidding platform,
- NFT Storage on IPFS,
- NFT mining by Staking Creator Tokens,
- NFT Memes System,
- Unique non-transferable digital assets (educational course completion certificates, for example)
To include video uploading and delivery initially but ultimately to allow any platform to easily integrate any web3 tool that is available on the SPK Network. (See technical overview for further details)
Muting and Blocklists/content policy system
Content Gateways Portals
Cost of Servers/experimental infrastructure. Funding will be used accordingly to operate development and testnet infrastructure.
390.09 USD per day for 365 days = 142,382.85 USD
Insurance Guarantee of Funds
The funds will be sent to the account @spkproposal and distributed to cover the costs for execution of the above scope from there. The SPK Network Proposal will have two trusted Hive Community members as the trustees to the funds received by the proposal. @starkerz & @theycallmedan both will take on responsibility for these funds and will ensure they are distributed to the SPK network developers and provide their guarantee that they will reimburse this proposal in the event of any funds lost.
If you have any comments, concerns, confusion, or parts of this proposal or attached documents, feel free to reach out to us. We will be happy to answer.
About the SPK Network:
The SPK Network is a decentralized Web 3.0 protocol that rewards value creators and infrastructure providers appropriately and autonomously by distributing reward tokens in such a way that every user, creator, and platform, will be able to earn rewards on a level playing field.
Read the SPK Network Light Paper: https://peakd.com/hive/@spknetwork/spk-network-light-paper
Telegram Group: https://t.me/spknetwork
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/JbhQ7dREsP
Support this proposal: