I'm changing the symbol of the token from NEO to NEOX.
Hello all, well I've gone and done it. I now have a token.
I have already issued a silver physical currency in the past, so it's time to experiment with a digital currency of my very own. (Yea Whaleshares guys, I just bragged a few weeks ago how I didn't have a token, oops.)
BIG FAT DISCLAIMER
My Neoxian Gold tokens are just digital pieces of fluff, and may never be worth anything. Be very cautious in purchasing any tokens, including mine.
This token is just an experiment, it could blow up in my face. See below for more disclaimers.
These tokens are called "Neoxian Gold", symbol "NEOX" on the "Steem Engine" platform: https://steem-engine.com/?p=tokens.
Steem Engine is a nifty new platform written on top of the Steem blockchain which adds token functionality. Pretty nice! Do check it out.
So what is your token for, and what gives it worth?
That's a great question reader; you are very bright. I like you. Allow me to present to you the Neoxian Gold token contract:
Neoxian Gold Token Contract
1.0.2: I left whaleshares, so I removed all references to whaleshares from the contract.
1.1: Removing Steem support. Adding Hive support.
Neoxian Gold Token Contract, version 1.1
- One Neoxian Gold token (NEOX) shall be redeemable for one 100% upvote from Neoxian on the Hive platform.
- Each 0.01 Neox is worth 1% of a upvote, so 0.56 Neox would be worth a 56% upvote.
- Neoxian shall only be obligated to redeem up to 5 Neox per day on the Hive platform.
- Changes in Hive could affect the value or usability of the Neox token.
- Changes in the Steem Engine platform could affect the value or usability of the Neox token.
- Neoxian reserves the right to alter this contract as needed for changes in the underlying platforms (hardforks and such), or for other technical or economic reasons, but will strive to make reasonable changes that help preserve the value of the token.
- Neoxian reserves the right to refuse to upvote on a post for redemption, if the post is spam, plagiarism, broadly offensive (i.e child porn), or a scam.
So there you have it. The token is backed by me and my vote. One might say it's backed with the full faith and credit in Neoxian. If you think I'm a good and solid guy, then you might pick up a few of my tokens.
This looks suspiciously like a vote buying service.
Yea yea, I know, it does look a lot like a vote buying service. I actually hope it doesn't become just a vote buying service. I get that most people that obtain my token may just redeem it right away for my vote, but I'm hoping that at least some will start to use it as a currency instead. I plan on accepting this currency as payment for my services in and around my Bank and Discord server, delegation rentals or whatever other services I may offer.
Right now only 101 of these tokens exist and I'll be pretty conservative about minting more, because even as few as 5 Neoxs can blow out a days worth of my voting. I'll probably be giving a few out on my Discord server or as prizes for contests and giveaways that I hold, or issuing a few if I need extra cash or to pay debts (if anyone will take my tokens). Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
There are many scenarios in which my NEOX token could become worthless, please invest cautiously, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.