Streetlife to it’s core.
Any head turn is the opposite of a bore.
Metro polite rather than metropole. Definitely a gentle soul.
Memories of a 65 year old lady pouring her heart in a clam stir fry.
Mutual wide eyed curiosity on the fly.
Klong! boats and sweat cocktails with dark watered waves.
High rises and impeccable shaves.
Tropic thunderstorms flow, midnight bobbing lights the rivers and canals show.
Morning runs of all shapes and sizes, scooters loaded like trucks and trucks loaded with soul.
She serenades the night and takes all cultures in a stride.
She calls, luers and loves on her tide.
Slowly love creeps through the crevasses.
The city is quick and somehow quantumly like melassis.
We are on the road to Koh Chang with the family (and @poezio, "Uncle Vinny"). Yesterday I used to do some finally winding down errants, like giving our marketing materials (flags, banners) to Baan Rim Naam who will re-use it as canvas for future art projects and collecting deposits. Also I went to pickup our broken iPad at a repair shop, only to find it was closed, LOLLL.
Now, holiday in Thailand started and I can look back at a very challenging edition of SteemFest. Challenging is what I was looking for and it was what I got. Thank you for that. It was a great training in doing things differently but trying to get the same results: a diverse, dynamic citytrip X conference X reunion event for you, the "Steem Survivors".
I could not have done this fun task without you buying into it. Getting a SteemFest ticket is one thing, and thanks to sponsors that burden is relieved with 50% of the actual cost, but you also need transportation, stay and in some casas a visa. Let alone getting away from your regular activitties, planning days off. I am fully aware of that and it is also why I don't want to make mistakes.
Looking back at the event I am very happy. It worked out wonders, traffic was not too bad, only heard great remarks about the livestream (setting the standard ohoh @shourai listen up!), and our local suppliers helped out in some many ways to make this "farang" do his thing :)
Now all is left is cutting up the original quality livestreams, bills, bills, recouping sponsorships, paying off personal loans and most of all enjoying some free time, maybe a beer, and the island vibes of Koh Chang.
See you on the chain,
a humbling sweaty bow and thank you for coming to SteemFest4, You made it happen!
Thank you all speakers, sponsors and the following people helping make the fourth edition of this event an unforgettable experience:
- @elipowell and Steemit Inc team for coming with a big delegation all the way from USA;
- @knozaki2015 for bringing the Japanese community
- @anomadsoul for his engaging contests and Art at SteemFest Inktober
- @blocktrades not only for his sponsorship but also supporting the writing contests;
- @aggroed for the double company sponsorship
- @starkerz & @theycallmedan for the support
- @firepower, @sjennon, @aishwarya, @varunpinto, @wandereronwheels for being the volunteer crew
- @poezio for his support past 2 weeks and promotion beforehand
- @gandalf for arranging the airline discount codes
- @jack8831 (mr Salmon) for bringing the Korean community.
- @detlev for #BeerSaturday
- @mynewlife & @esko for the upcoming (soon tm) SF4 after movie
- @arcange for engaging the community with proof of hugs
Lost & hopefully Found: We are missing a 360 brandnew GoPro camera since closing night, if anyone found it please reach out via PM on telegram @roelandp
SteemFest4 would not have been possible without the sponsorships of: