Hold on to your chairs, it's confirmed: there really is a HF planned on Steem tomorrow that WILL DELETE legitimate crypto assets.
Here's a snippet (google translated):
Finally, the 23.0 hard fork also includes responses to attacks that have been on the Steam blockchain. It is closely related to the aforementioned hard fork background. Account seizures are scheduled for accounts that pose a direct threat to the Steam blockchain or seize the legitimate assets of Steam holders. This was included as judged to be an indispensable measure to improve the network stability and user environment of Steam.
Read the full article (in KR): https://joind.io/market/id/2098
Now, you may ask yourself: "How did Hive core-contributors threaten the stability of Steem?" Well, here are 6 points.
- 1.) Damage to network stability: disturbances due to different node versions and meaningless price feeds
- Thoughts: Steem is able to handle those "meaningless" disturbances quite well. Most people have disabled their witness-nodes & pricefeeds for months tho.
- 2.) Block RAM spamming through infinite small transfer through the use of bots
- Thoughts: AFAIK that was done to check whether an account was still censored or able to transact. Still, if an account has enough Resource Credits, that's his right to do so.
- 3.) Write offensive and pointless spam comments to instill a refusal to use the site to other Steam users. Other long sentence comments and aggression comments that make it impossible to use comments
- Thoughts: You were able to censor my own account on Steem & Steemit, just because I wrote some posts about Hive pre-launch. Censoring those accounts would done as easily. Also, as I said before, if an account has RCs, they can do how they please.
- 4.) Exploiting the Steam Reward Pool by conducting comments, cellbot farming, etc.
- Thoughts: Downvote it. Problem solved.
- 5.) Spreading fake news through rumor spread
- Thoughts: That accusation is fake news.
- 6.) Publicly attacking users, collecting personal information, and threatening murder
- Thoughts: Proof?
All in all, those are baseless accusations to justify seizing actual legitimate crypto assets.
Truth is: the biggest threat is and has always been the centralization of Steem through Justin Sun & Tron. Regardless if it's morally correct to spam the blockchain or exploit the reward pool, if those operations are allowed and said account has enough Resource Credits, then that's allowed based on the blockchain level. Also, regarding exploitation: Steemit Inc has millions of Steempower, how about downvoting it? Problem solved.
Now, I'm not sure if my accounts are affected, but I'm expecting so. Since I've been shadowbanned on Steem & Steemit for months, I wouldn't even be able to do any of their accusations. So, if they do remove my assets, they're actually executing theft of private property. And if all assets are combined from all different stakeholders, this will be in the double digits millions.
You can bet your ass that there is going to be a class-action suit.
With this said: Go fuck yourself, Justin Sun. The world will see what you're truly are: a tyrannical piece of shit.
Also, thank god for Hive and peakd - on Steem I (& this post) would be censored, again. 😂