Hi, @jayplayco here.
We have seen a lot of great services from entrepreneurs already building working products based on the whitepaper of SMT and working hard to make get SMT full with killer d'Apps. @steemhunt is already running their service beginning this year and gathering all gadget geeks within and outside the Steem community together - www.steemhunt.com. @tasteem has also launched their global service for a few months and are running contests to promote food stories and local restaurants -www.tasteem.io. @dclick is bringing finally advertisement similar like Google Adsense to Steem and had started to extend the service from the Korean market to the international market -www.dclick.io. We have additional service announced like @dstors, targeting d-commerce and running for an MVP end of January.
All these services are targeting not only the Steem community itself but at the end trying to break out and reach the audience outside. So the landscape, even in a very bearish market, for Steem does really looks great to attract users outside the Blockchain environment.
1. What is trips.teem?
This time I would like to introduce @trips.teem, a still not well-known service outside the Korean community of Steem, as they have started their English service a few days ago. There had been an announcement from @snackplus, who is running this service through his company and you can find it here.
Original announcement: https://steempeak.com/witness-category/@snackplus/what-is-trips-teem-and-witness-introduction
Trip.steem is a platform for travel bloggers, agencies and travel-related companies. Trips.teem is going to build up in total four pillars into its service.
2. The four pillars of trips.teem
Trips.teem is planning to integrate four different services into its platform. The final goal would be to create a working economy that is rewarding the travel bloggers and also delivers high-quality content that can easily found based on categories and keywords. Travel agencies and travel-related companies would find influencers and advertisement opportunities to their direct target group and could also offer separate travel related product through the store.
- Travel community service. Part of the services, like posting travel stories are live and already running on the platform.
- The main purpose here is to offer an optimized platform for travel bloggers to share their stories.
- Curations are categorized into different countries and categories
- Posted travel stories, comments, and upvotes will be rewarded with trips.teem's tokens. (Before SMT, the trips.teem bot is upvoting posts)
- Planned to integrate matching advertisement to the travel story and share the profit with the travel blogger.
- A transparent review system on the Steem blockchain (planned to make it accessible for travel agencies per API)
- Reviews for hotels, pensions, guesthouses, even Airbnb hostings.
- Review of touristic places (Cities, Countries, touristic attractions)
- Review of events and restaurants
- Shop with travel-related products and payment with trips.teem tokens, Steem, and SBD. (already started to co-work with travel agencies in Korea and is needed to expand when the international service is out of beta)
- Flight tickets and hotel bookings (could also include rental car services)
- Souvenirs from different countries/cities
- Travel photography
- Optimized service for travel planning
- Using the trips.teem "Story" and "Review" database to recommend personalized travels.
- Sharing of travel plans & budgets among users
The current roadmap is planned like below, but due to some uncertainties regarding SMT, some milestones could be shifted or rescheduled.
4. Delegation Plan
Trip.steem has started their delegation plan and gathered already 283K Steem power. It is planned to launch in total 1 billion tokens and as almost all SMT based projects, the token is planned to be inflatable.
[trips.teem Token distribution plan]
Rewards for delegators
Delegators get 4 TMT Tokens per 50 Steem power per day allocated. Additional benefits will be announced separately. As an example, if I delegate 1000 Steem power to trips.teem I would gain (1000/50x4) 80 TMT tokens per day and 2400 tokens per 30 days.
100SP,500SP, 1,000SP, 3,000SP, 5,000SP, 10,000SP, 20,000SP, 50,000SP, 100,000SP, 500,000SP
Visit and join @trips.teem! You can reach them in their discord channel. https://discord.gg/yZdZRKr
This sounds great. I’ve kept an eye on them to see how it will work out [given all challenges we know rather well]. Travel and “content creation” is a huge niche and way too stale since way too long. Not necessarily a low hanging fruit due to huge amount of money spent on it and high quality players benefitting large shares of traffic but it’s great to see it on this blockchain. An obvious match.
PS: I think you mean the “four pillars”. While I can imagine pillows being comfortable while reviewing and planning... :D
Posted using Steeve, an AI-powered Steem interface
Yes, I mean pillars and will get my pillows back to change it with the needed pillars. haha Thanks Mayhem!
Your post was upvoted by @steem-ua, new Steem dApp, using UserAuthority for algorithmic post curation!
Your UA account score is currently 5.596 which ranks you at #505 across all Steem accounts.
Your rank has improved 3 places in the last three days (old rank 508).
In our last Algorithmic Curation Round, consisting of 246 contributions, your post is ranked at #77.
Evaluation of your UA score:
Feel free to join our @steem-ua Discord server
Thank you for your contribution to the crowd. We are the Steemit project dedicated to empowering The Wisdom of Crowds. You can find more about us on our official website or whitepaper and you can support us by voting for our witness and joining our curation trail on Steemauto . We are also inviting you to join Crowdmind Discord server. Don't forget to use the #crowdmind hashtag and happy crowdsourcing!
Additional comment: During our curation days at curie we have seen so many lost and under-rewardd traveling posts, your initiative and project will create one great feed of travel posts and strengthen travel community. We'll do our best to support you and spread information about you.
This post has been included in today's SOS Daily News - a digest of all you need to know about the State of Steem.
Promoter of The SOS Forums : Weekly Discussion Forums on the State of Steem.
Co-ordinator of SteemClub-UK.
Editor of the weekly listing of steem radio shows, podcasts & social broadcasts.
Founder of the A Dollar A Day charitable giving project.
What happened to this site? It has been down for days now!