FreeCAD on Crowdin | FreeCAD on Github
- FreeCAD is like a swiss Army knife when it comes to engineering toolkits. Thanks to its open source nature it can be used by anyone to create product designs, mechanical engineering and architecture objects.
- A variety of its features are used today by a wide range of students and teachers. It is capable of delivering 3D real-life objects taking advantage from the parametric modeling feature which can be used to easily modify a design with the possibility to go back in history and change some of its parameters.
- Unlike its direct competitor on the market: AutoCAD, which has an annual subscription of more than a 1000$ which is impossible for normal students in my country to pay. FreeCAD can come to the rescue by providing a complete engineering toolkit for free.
- So, from now on it will be my life mission to provide a proper and accurate translation of this wonderful gift.
- This is my sixth contribution to the FreeCAD open source project.
- i have surpassed 40% on the general count, and i'm having a better understanding of the project with every contribution, i'm not done yet with the sentences that i found(i'm not going to say 'handy') but simply not worthy of contacting the owners or the FreeCAD community, because otherwise i'll need to ask them about 60%-70% of the project. i try as hard as i can to provide a translation that is close to the original and decent at the same time, and i was asked by our LM to mention the different efforts conducted in the translation process. So, follow me
In this session:
- i have made a simple tutorial to talk about a tip that i have been using for quite some time, and that it would add some to the community if i made a video tutorial about it. So, i hope you guys will enjoy watching:
- The FreeCAD project is written in a professional english related to the engineering field. my task during this period is to provide an Arabic translation and i'm capable of that simply because i'm an Arabic native speaker.
- Total words count: 31 770 words.
- Total words translated in this part: 780 words.
- Number of untranslated words in this part: 31 words.
- Number of duplicated words ≈ 68 words.
- Time frame: from august 31 at 03h00(GMT+1) to september 4 : Proof (Total) - Proof(last contribution) .
- Final count: 749 words.
Proof of Authorship :
CrowdIn project link | My CrowdIn profile link | My activity link
- A big hug for the @utopian-io and @davinci.witness teams for making this kind of contributions comes to light.
- A big thanks to the Arabic team for their continuous support and assistance.
- And welcome 😃 to our new moderator and the new members of the Arabic team.