FreeCAD on Crowdin | FreeCAD on Github
- FreeCAD is like a swiss Army knife when it comes to engineering toolkits. Thanks to its open source nature it can be used by anyone to create product designs, mechanical engineering and architecture objects.
- A variety of its features are used today by a wide range of students and teachers. It is capable of delivering 3D real-life objects taking advantage from the parametric modeling feature which can be used to easily modify a design with the possibility to go back in history and change some of its parameters.
- Unlike its direct competitor on the market: AutoCAD, which has an annual subscription of more than a 1000$ which is impossible for normal students in my country to pay. FreeCAD can come to the rescue by providing a complete engineering toolkit for free.
- So, from now on it will be my life mission to provide a proper and accurate translation of this wonderful gift.
- This is my ninth contribution to the FreeCAD open source project.
- As it is clearly stated on the above title, It feels great to be back to this wonderful community, I was absent for quite some time now; a lot has changed. The Hard Fork 20 was finally made and everything now looks more promising. I was able to check out some of the rewards of the last couple of weeks and Holy *** 😁😁😁 what did I miss? Anyway, I wasn't active lately for two main reasons:work-related manner and a health issue. plus, my last contribution wasn't that encouraging neither. But, I'm ready to move on with this.
- I am still a bit confused concerning my last contribution, I know that the project is a bit tricky and needs a specialized treatment and some dedicated researches. But, I think I have reached my limits, and I mean it regarding the old struggle of finding the right match for the words (element - item - object).
Although, this part only contains the word 'Object' so its match would be 'عنصر', however, I would like to achieve a consensus about this issue because it disturbs me every time and I'm open for any suggestions or possible solutions instead of throwing me under the bus.
In this session:
- This part comprises exactly 31 string, so they are all some medium-length sentences.
- Those sentences were generally related to some orientations and commands given to the user to interact with the different tools and aspects of this software.
- There wasn't a lot of first-time to-translate words, so in my opinion, there won't be a lot of issues, I have done a double check of all strings as usual.
- Some words were kept in English on purpose so as not to cause confusion for the users, those words are compound words like FinalDepth - SafeHeightExpression - ..... and the thing that has pushed me to that is the fact that those same words are re-explained on the same string and of course this time I has translated them.
- And for the word 'Sketcher' which is similar to the word 'sketch', both words I translated them as 'رسمة' in the past, but this time I choose the word 'مخطط' for the word 'Sketcher' after a process of research using almaany.com and other tools.
- The FreeCAD project is written in a professional english related to the engineering field. my task during this period is to provide an Arabic translation and I'm capable of that simply because I'm an Arabic native speaker.
- Total words count: 31 770 words.
- Total words translated in this part: 780 words.
- Number of untranslated and repetitive words in this part: 42 words.
- Time frame: from October the 21st to October the 25th : Proof.
- General progress: 49%.
- Final count: 738 words.
Proof of Authorship :
CrowdIn project link | My CrowdIn profile link | My activity link