You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: The Eternal Assigning of Blame, Right and Wrong... and Finding Actual SOLUTIONS!

in #discussion6 years ago

For me, I don't look for who is right or wrong in a debate because most of the time it's pointless. I sure sometimes have that inner voice "I'm right about this how cant you see that?!" but instead I try to focus on the subject, problems or behaviours, not people. Nobody likes to be blamed and get defensive so It often backlashes. I myself can get defensive as well but even if I realize it in a discussion, it's hard to go back and accept it! I try my best :) So, solution is the most important thing, not winning debates! Because you can always face with the similar problem again and again in your life. Finding the source of the problem and focusing on it is the best solution I apply.

My sentences are all over the place but I hope ı could express myself. Thank you for the well written post, I questioned my position on discussions one more time :)

Sort:  

Well said you lady, I can see wisdom and prudence is your friend.

You made me very happy with your kind words, thank you @drsinmongwong :)

Seemed perfectly clear and reasonable to me @birdlover. And it sounds like you have a pretty healthy and balanced approach to the whole issue. "Being RIGHT" used to be important me back in my early 20's when (ironically!) I thought I knew a LOT. Now I know that I know less, and it matters less who's right or wrong... I just want to reach an outcome that seems most beneficial; to the greatest number of people.

I'm glad it did! Being able to say "I know nothing" and act accordingly is such a great way to pass dignity to others, be a good example and actually prove your point. However I believe this attitude also can be learned through others and different experiences. It's beautiful that you critize and understand different stages of your life. It's great way to be in peace with yourself, with others, with your experiences and the world itself. I love your discussion posts and how you encourage discussing and being a part of the conversation in the comments! I check most of them and add my contribution where I can :)