Will You Powerdown ASAP Or Wait For Selling Pressure To End?
STEEM is down from the highs of pre-hard fork levels. But we are still trading above the $0.15 - $0.17 we were trading at for a long while. As part of the gloriously failed asset forfeiture that has not been fully resolved yet, we had another bonus update. The powerdowns are 4 weeks instead of 13. That is almost a 70% reduction in the staking time.
Things to Consider
- The trust in Steemit Inc is further eroded
- Incompetance of Steemit Inc has been further highlighted
- STEEM as a blockchain has become quasi decentralized (we still have few independent witnesses
- Even if Bittrex send the STEEM back to owner accounts, Steemit has enough influence to seize the funds again or at least blacklist those accounts
- @steemmonsters @splinterlands is making the switch to HIVE
- The Tx volume of STEEM is falling behind
- The claim for being censorship resistant is now lost on STEEM
- STEEM only has 1 RPC node compared to 4 from HIVE (soruce: Keychain extension)
- The powerdowns are going to be massive
- Bittrex might have to sell STEEM for HIVE to give the funds back to the rightful owners (this is a purely hypothetical scenario)
Current Trading Volume
- I Will Powerdown ASAP
- I Will Wait And Take It Slow
- I Will HODL STEEM
Answer the question at dpoll.xyz.