When we make bread at home we get very excited. The smell brings together my children and grand children, and they look for the butter or the cream cheese to eat the bread I make. The only problem of making bread at home is that it won't last long.
Bread made at home is better than the one we buy in the shops, but of course, you have to do some work. Nowdays people don't have much time to cook. My bread is delicious and I always add a special touch.
With the same dough I made two kinds of bread, one filled with raisins and peanuts, and the other is a round bread with less sugar that can be filled with jam. When I make bread I prepare enogh dough so that I can make bread to keep it for many days. When the bread is cold I place it in a plastic bag and leave there. It can last 5 days outside the freeze, but you can freeze it too like the english people do.
To make these breads you need:
- 750 grams of all use flour
- 100 grams of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 14 grams of yeast
2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 orange juice
- prepare the yeast with the lukewarm milk and the yeast, rest until it grows
in the tin where you are going to prepare the bread add the orange juice, and 1/4 cup of sugar and cook until the sirop is made and add the butter
- in a bowl place the flour and rub the butter with the hand
- add the sugar and the spices
- add the 2 egss and the yeast
- add the yeast to the nd knead well on the table
- let it doble its size
- divide the dough in 2 parts, 500 grams for the bread to be filled and 350 grams for the round bread
- extend the 500 grams part to form a rectangle
- mix 1 cup of sugar with cinnamon
- add it all over on the rectangle
- mix the crushed peanuts with the raisins and add it on the rectangle
- roll the rectangle and seal the border with water
- cut in 6 or 8 parts, dependong the size of the tin
- place each part inside the tin
- Leave aside to allow the yeast to take effect and double the size
- Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes or until the bread is brown.
- While the bread is still warm, remove the bread from the pan and let it rest.
Whether you use the dough as a roll or entire, the aromas and softness of this bread will make you want to eat it every day.