Anjal/Kingfish/seer fish curry is another famous Mangalorean cuisine. In Mangalore, Seafood is the most favourite in many houses. We too have fish almost daily. Now let’s see how to make this delicious fish curry.
- Dried Red chilly (small & big)
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Tamarind water
- Green chilli
- And of course the fish!
- First we need to make a paste by grinding ginger, red chilly, garlic, coconut, turmeric, tamarind water, cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
- We then need to wash the fish and marinate it with salt.
- Take a vessel and heat some oil
- Now add onions and green chillis and sauté it.
- Add the paste and let it cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Carefully add the fish and cook it for sometime.
- Add Salt for taste.
Your Anjal Curry fish is ready to be served!