So many awesome Arnold movies, so little time. Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's contest. We definitely had a good turnout this week and there were some really great choices. I won't type too much because I know you all want to...
get to this week's winners:
The first place finisher was @irenenavarroart with a review of Jingle All the Way found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@irenenavarroart/cinetv-contest-jingle-all-the
Jingle All the Way is a great Christmas movie and such a different choice than most of his movies. I loved the choice and the review, thanks!
In second place we have @nbarrios67 with their choice of Commando here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@nbarrios67/cinetv-contest-60-favorite-arnold-schwartzenegger-movie-commando
A great action movie and one that I haven't watched with my son yet. Thanks for your review and congrats!
Our third place winner in this contest is @the-lead with their choice of Escape Plan and can be found here: https://peakd.com/hive-121744/@the-lead/cinetv-contest-escape-plan
I'm not sure I have even seen this film! Great choice and I am adding it to my list. :)
225 CINE COINS and 100 Ecency Points will be transferred to the winners.
Now if anyone disagrees with our choices then please tag us in a comment on this post!
And let's move on to the new contest!
Favorite Movie with Beer
Who doesn't love an ice cold beer? Honest admission, I am not much of a beer drinker and boy do I hear about it on the golf course and at the bar afterwards. I've tried to like beer but I am just not a huge fan. I'm sure I will hear about it in the comments and from the Cine team as well. :)
That doesn't mean we can't do a Cine TV contest about it though! Here is your chance to pick a movie that has beer in a scene, or something memorable about drinking beer in it and write a review. It could be a party or at the beach or it could be about a bar or even beer brewing. Pick a movie, make it relevant and tell me why I am wrong about beer.
Here are some of my thoughts about what you could write about: what does beer add to the film that you chose? How did beer play a key role in the scene or film? Would not having beer in the movie change it in any way? Are you a beer drinker? Have you ever had a moment with beer
Those are just some ideas to get you started. Please be original
and write a creative response to the topic. Don't retell the plot or plagiarize. Originality is required for curation and to be considered for the contest.
I look forward to reading your selections. Have a great week!
Please check out the list of rules and suggestions below or feel free to ask me in the Discord channel if you have any questions (caulderfreeman). Enjoy this week's contest and good luck!
Winners and prizes
This contest will have 3 winners and 225 CINE in prizes. They will be distributed as follows.
1ST Place — 100 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS!
2ND Place — 75 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
3RD Place — 50 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
- Publish your entry from our frontend https://cinetv.blog or post to cinetv community if you prefer peakd, ecency or hive.blog
- The entries should be written in English for evaluation purposes (You can translate from your mother tongue if you want to.)
- The post title should include CineTV Contest:. For example, CineTV Contest: Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry. So your friends can find this easily.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- Only one entry per person.
- The submission deadline is 23rd May, 2023, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
- You can use these prompts as a helping hand (purely optional) but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it did you find most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great (or not).
You're free to include multiple films in your entry.
- There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
DO NOT PLAGIARZE, COPY AND PASTE, OR SPIN FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!! MAKE SURE ALL IMAGES ARE SOURCED!!!
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in Canva.