I worked already several hours on the project and learning how to use pyQT5 properly. I'm using the fbs project for creating the executables and installers.
The project is still in a very early alpha stage.
Installing the app
You can find installers for Linux, OSX and Windows in the release page:
Fullscreen video playback
Notification when new feed posts are published and for all account history items
- Refactoring of the source code
- Signing of the Windows exe and the installer
- Option dialog
- Better design of the GUI
- Integration of Wallet for broadcasting operation (voting, posting)
- Editor to write posts
- Show comments and votes for a post
- Allow Voting and comment writing
- Store account history in a database
- Format the account history entries
- Work on the HTML-rendering (some inline HTML are not correctly rendered)
You are welcome to contribute by writing issues or creating pull requests.
Comments and feature wishes are also welcome.
You can download the Qt-Designer and imrove the GUI without know how to program. You can find the ui file here: https://github.com/holgern/hivedesktop/blob/master/ui/mainwindow.ui
You can create a new GUI design and attaching it to an issue or create a PR and uploading it.
You need python 3.6 (fbs works only with this version) and all packages from base.txt.
pip install --upgrade -r requirements/base.txt
for Windows you need also
pip install --upgrade -r requirements/windows.txt
You can parse the ui file with
pyuic5 ui\mainwindow.ui -o src\main\python\ui_mainwindow.py
and start the app by
Before pushing code, please check if the frozen exe also works. First, the exe needs to be created:
fbs freeze --debug
and it can then be started.