This post is mostly centered around the streaming/influencer space and does not take into account all of the other wonderful things HIVE has to offer. I am trying to focus on one potential avenue of growth and revenue stream and hope you understand what I'm trying to deliver throughout the post. If you have any questions, feel free to post in the comments!
I've been creating content through various channels for most of my life through one means or another and have found myself working in the streamer/influencer space along the way. One thing I have found through my own experiences and through my engagements with creators on a professional level (I work with "AAA" streamers and professional athletes in the e-sports world) is that in the end everyone is trying to achieve two things:
- Make money (sound familiar?)
We can easily break down what 'make money' and what 'visibility' entails and how they translate into potentially huge value propositions for HIVE and for growth.
Make Money (CREAM BABY CREAM)
- Part of what I do includes interviewing streamers for various reasons to collect data. During these interviews I receive a wide mix of answers to the same questions but fundamentally they almost always mean and lead to the same thing. Content creators want to be rewarded for their time and effort spent creating content. Sure, some have different goals such as making extra cash to take the family on vacation or using their financial gain to support themselves full-time but in the end it is very few who at the end of the day create content and do not wish to receive compensation/reward of some type for their efforts.
- Along side reward/compensation lies visibility. This means different things for different creators but again, I believe in the end the majority of results lead toward the same path. In my research most content creators hope to
- Become "big enough" that they can support some part of all of their journey as we mentioned above
- Grow large enough that they are noticed by <insert goal job/sponsor/deal here> and can transition to that full-time (usually in the creative space similar to what they're doing) and
- They want people to see their hard work.
HIVE in my humble opinion is perfect for content creators across pretty much all mediums. I believe at its' core HIVE is built on rewards through engagement of community or other words, 'rewards' through 'visibility'. This stages HIVE to be a behemoth of a contender within the creator space while also benefiting from it in various ways.
There is huge amounts of money pumping into the gaming, content, and streamer/influencer industry and this grows every day at an extreme pace as we dive deeper into digital consumerism and entertainment which is directly leading to the success of platforms such as Twitch and others. The problem is that these services are either too saturated for new users to get started, take too much of the creator revenue for themselves, or are simply plagued by many of the politics that get in the way of allowing creators to have a voice.
HIVE can be a very shiny alternative and even mainstream contender, and as we begin to capture more of that market we will begin to see more and more capital flowing into HIVE as a result and by nature of how streamer to community relationships are built on engagement (which also includes large amount of revenue flow). The more creators/streamers we have the larger sub communities will grow within HIVE, the more attention we will receive from corporate brands/money, and the more competitive we will be against others who are starting to gain momentum in this space such as Theta.
I think if we could increase the viewership and engagement (and by nature of this, rewards) on existing platforms such as VIMM or 3speak it would entice more content creators to come to HIVE. I have been spending some time personally watching VIMM over the past few months and generally I think it suffers from a combination of 'lack of creators' and 'lack of viewers'. This is a tough problem to fix when there is no momentum on either side! Kudos to those of you who have been streaming regularly. I hope you agree in that larger viewer numbers would motivate you to put more effort and more time into broadcasts.
While these are just general thoughts and I definitely don't have all the answers, I do hope that this stimulates more conversation around how much more successful HIVE could be with more influencers and creators on-board or at least reminds you that services such at VIMM exist within the ecosystem. I am one who feels we can champion HIVE through streaming but it will take curation and viewership to entice folks to leave the competition, at least at first. As we build up the $PIZZA token curation account, we will be using it to curate streams and broadcasts (seeking delegations!). Also, I could have just gone total DEGEN the past hour of my life so feel free to be critical. I'm a big boy ;)
Let's go, streamers!
I'm willing to help get the ball rolling. If I post a regular EXCLUSIVE VIMM schedule and focus on building a high-quality consistent stream to showcase to other streamers that HIVE can be a home, would you come hang out and watch with us? Again, viewership will be important for creators to see.
(I do think streaming to Twitch is still a good idea for visibility, use all channels!)
Stream Team? IDK
I'm even willing to facilitate building and managing a HIVE/VIMM stream team to ensure we have shows on schedules. Let me know if you're interested in throwing around more ideas.
I'm not really sure who to poke for visibility. Please let me know if you think I should @ anyone specific.