Technically in my little corner of the globe, there are still just about four more hours of October 2020 left (speaking of, Happy Halloween and Samhain blessings to those who celebrate either or both), but I wanted to get this post out now since #HivePUD has already arrived in other parts of the world. If you want a wicked cool way to check if November 1st is officially in your area, be sure to check out the new-as-of-September Countdown timer courtesy of the awesomesauce team at @hivebuzz1
And quickly, to clarify -
- If you want to qualify for the AMAZING Hive Power Up Day badge(s), your power up must happen during the 24 hours of November 1st, 2020 according to UTC time.
- If you want to qualify for the #HivePUD prize pool, your power up and post must happen (according to criteria listed below) during the hours of November 1st, your local time.
One more thing - in September, I got a little carried away thanks to my awesomesauce delegation from @theycallmedan. I was so psyched about my shiny new VP that I went through all the Power Up Day posts, upvoting and reblogging...
I think it was around the 60th or 70th post I kinda got the feeling that flooding all my Hive followers with the Power Up Day awesomeness in their feed might not be the best idea I've ever had...lol! So in October I decided I'd just stick to upvoting every post, with possible a comment or three along the way. Then Dan awesomely agreed (with @eddiespino's assistance) to trail my upvotes for the day. I'm not sure if I said thank you for that last month so I wanted to make sure I did so now, so - thank you both for that amazing support!
Now, since I did a rundown of it all in the Announcement post last week, I'll stick with a little recap this time around.
What is Hive Power Up Day?
Hive Power Up Day has been taking place on the first day of every month since @streetstyle came up with the idea on that other blockchain over a year ago.
What does it require?
In @streetstyle's words ...
On the first day of the month...
• ...we ask that everyone who can do so, power up any amount of HIVE they are holding on the first of the month.
• ... we ask accounts that are currently powering down to please pause the powerdown during the hours of the first of the month.
• ... we ask that those who are trading and/or selling Hive, not to do so during the hours of the first of the month (and if possible, cancel any type of sell order on any exchanges for the same hours).
What are the rules to win prizes for HivePUD?
The requirements are:
- Your reputation must be above 39 and below 70.
- Your total Hive Power (before the 1st) must be more than 100 and less than 8000.
- NEW: You must power up at least 10 Hive on November 1st.
- You must write a post about your power up on November 1st with the tag #HivePUD (International) or #HPUD (Spanish).
To be included in the winners list, you must meet all four requirements above. The order of the list (first place, second place, and so on) will be determined by the biggest PERCENTAGE of Hive powered up, not necessarily the most Hive powered up.
For more information about @victoriabsb's wicked cool Hispanic Initiative that ensures that the smallest accounts (who might not be able to make the requirements above) are still able to get some prizes, check out her announcement post for this month, Hive Power UP Day: 1ro. Noviembre 2020 💪 [ENG/ESP] || #HPUD.
What are the prizes?
The list of prizes, both confirmed & not confirmed (although I'm pretty sure they've all got a green check mark), are in the aforementioned Announcement post last week.
Did I hear something about badges?
At this point, I think everyone within a hundred miles of my 3D home has heard about Power Up Day badges...lol! Three months ago, after @jeanlucsr went to the @hivebuzz crew with an idea for a Power Up Day badge, @arcange, @lizanomadsoul, and the team came up with some amazing new stuff for our Power Up Day initiative (all the details in their Hive Power Up Day - Let's grow together! post).
While they had plans to expand the fun again this month (like they did with the Helper Badges last month), unfortunately the Eclipse Hard Fork had other ideas, and made it difficult for them to put things into action. I'd like to ask everyone to "bee" sure to visit their post from yesterday, Next Hive Power Up Day is November 1st 2020 and let them know how much you appreciate everything they've done to add more fun to Power Up Day so far! I can't wait to see what they have planned for future months!
- Power up Hive on November 1st, 2020
- Post about your power up on November 1st, 2020
- Unofficial winners list will be posted November 2nd or 3rd (allowing time to correct for errors/omissions)
- Official winners list will be posted on November 5th, after which sponsors will disperse prizes
That's it for now!
Shout out to the new-ish (still in Beta) UI from @leofinance (check out @khaleelkazi's post, LeoFinance Beta UI Live Demo | Improved Content Discovery, HiveOnboarding, Themes for more info) which is what I used for creating this post. Nicely done, Leo Finance team!
Thanks to everyone for all you do to make our new blockchain space a home! Special shout out to @abh12345 for graciously agreeing to help me again by pulling together the data when the time comes - Asher, you're a ROCKSTAR! And here's to another awesomesauce Hive Power Up Day - I know we're doing @streetstyle proud!
Thanks for stopping by!
My posts may occasionally contain affiliate links. If you click through,
I might get a wicked small commission, with no extra cost to you.
All words and images are mine (unless otherwise indicated),
and can also be found on my various social media sites.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta