Hey guys, I have been playing with my Late Game Magic Deck, and although the results were quite good (16/25 in the Weekend Event, and 4 points total for the Blessing of the Gods) I want to use this week to try out new decks and variations. I have tried War Decks, and I really don't have enough Nature cards to pull off something worth trying so I decided to just do some little twists on my Mage Deck.
Reworked Mage Deck
The link for the deck as always, and in the last post I explained how I felt that the weak points of this deck was mainly that it lost a lot to War Aggro decks. To change that, I have added some lower mana walls that can deal with the low attack/low HP monsters that War usually uses.
I added Wall of Lightning, Guild Enforcer and Thebian Brawler, while taking out one of my Inferno and Crystal Rain cards. So I gave up a little bit of board clear, to be adding more board presence in early stages of the game. I've also have added Hunt Warden as a three mana monster just to have a strong creature with low mana cost and good stats.
In general my idea was to find a balance between my strength in the late game and the weakness I had in the first rounds of the matches.
Pros and Cons
- The balance between weakness and strengths in this Deck is much better aligned, and there's probably no cases where I'll lose because of some deck being too fast paced.
- The late game remains very strong, and the amount of damage that can be done by Spells continues to be a threat to any opponent.
- Much more presence on the board in general.
- It still very hard to play against high armored opponents such as Guild Enforcers, Polyhymnia, Aspect of Pangolin in any monster and Spiny Porcupine.
- Fast paced war decks are still a threat.
- Fast Nature decks can be very challenging as well.
- Every match usually takes a while playing with this deck, and you have to use your cards very well and in a controlled manner to win matches.
Thanks for Reading!
Hopefully I provided some good ideas and insights for you to use this week.