Hey all! @harrisonmir here, and we are very happy to announce that after much deliberation and organization, we will be posting the tentative casting list for Steem Monsters Voice Acting this coming Monday (9/3)!
If you submitted to the voice casting audition post we held, please read this whole post carefully! We outline some important information regarding the next steps!
For all of you that participated in the initial audition, thank you so much for being a part of this experience. We've very much appreciated your unfading patience as we get these puzzle pieces in place. The level of crowd-sourcing we've done for this game is unmatched. It's something we are very proud of, but it also creates logistical challenges of high coordination, organization, and deep planning.
Moving forward there are two very important talking points to this post that we need to address:
First off -
Firstly, some of the later auditions that were posted on Discord (through DSound) had expired by the time we were making placements, so we need to get in touch with those individuals to resubmit their auditions either through Soundcloud, or directly through Discord (to @harrisonmir). I personally apologize guys, as this was an oversight on my part. By the time I got them over to @isaria when the timing was appropriate, they were unplayable. Let's get in touch so we can place your auditions appropriately. The following individuals are:
Thanks for understanding!
Naturally, a lot of the original auditions were done on phones and laptops. Unfortunately, this quality is not usable in-game.
It's extremely important that we meet the high-quality standard that this game is reaching as a whole. With that said, making a very small investment in a budget microphone will be a required condition if you do not have access to high-quality audio gear.
I've personally done a lot of digging around on Amazon, and I've found very promising lapel microphone options in the $20-30 range. I can't realistically expect an entire community to invest in a full audio setup, but we cannot accept voice over work recorded with phone microphones or laptop microphones.
I've made posts in the past about audio setups, and how to get your audio sounding crisp and clean! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me (@harrisonmir on Steemit and Discord) if you have any trouble getting your audio sounding great. The 'tech assistance' role is exactly what I've reserved myself for in regards to the voice acting.
With those two big talking points made...
Next steps for our voice actors -
- If you haven't already, be sure to join the #voice-actors channel in the Steem Monsters Discord. This is where we will be conversing, planning, and making posts about updates for our participants.
- If your name was listed above as an audition that was not accessible through DSound at the time of placement, please be sure to get in touch with me on Discord (@harrisonmir) or post an additional Soundcloud link to the original audition post.
- At this point, no one should feel the need to purchase a microphone yet, as I'm going to be testing a couple options over the next few days to make sure they are appropriate for the job (I am ordering/testing some of the prospects personally). However, this MAONO lapel mic seems to be the best option I've found so far if anyone is interested in shopping around. It is compatible with pretty much everything, including iPhone, Android, laptops, and DSLR cameras. There is also a lot of information regarding microphones here for those who are looking to learn!
- Be sure you're following @steemmonsters (or additionally, @harrisonmir and @isaria, who will be resteeming this important information) on Steemit so you're aware of the the following posts, including the next steps!
- Please don't hesitate to ask questions and make conversation in the comments. This is a huge task-at-hand, and the only stupid question is one that was not asked!
- Tune in on Monday, 9/3, for the working casting list!
Thank you guys, much love to you all. Together we are going to make this gaming experience unforgettable!
Hi there :) Thanks for the shout and I will send you a recording via soundcloud. Great to hear this part moving forwards, great work folks! Oh.. I might be confusing things here with my discord name(RebelDan), just thought I'd mention.
@article61 No worries dude, sounds great. Thanks again! Feel free to get in touch with me on Discord, or posting a Soundcloud link in this comment thread would be fine too, and we'll get your audition in there. Much appreciated!
I see you have put an updated voice over post out so this may be too late.
No, no problem at all @article61! That's perfect, thank you! Have already passed it along to the team! 👍
Posted using Partiko Android
well done my dear friend, very nice.
when are we going to get to the guts of this site where we battle each other... So much money is going into just story and stuff...
@bitcoinflood If I'm not mistaken, they have PvP scheduled for the end of the month. If my memory is serving me correctly. They just did a huge visual overhaul on the main site, added card stats, all that stuff. It's being worked on, for sure! We'll see some battling soon enough!
Congratulations @steemmonsters! You have completed the following achievement on Steemit and have been rewarded with new badge(s) :
Award for the number of comments
Click on the badge to view your Board of Honor.
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word
Yay!!! I'm so excited that this is happening!!! <3 <3 <3
We have a Blue Yeti and a trained voice actor on our channel. While we missed the audition, if you want to provide the text and character image(s) for some lines you won't be disappointed!