Welcome to week 3 of the medicinal cooking competition! So far we have awarded $500 in prizes over the past two weeks with two great themed challenges. This week its time to try something different! This recipe is very simple, yet delicious and very nutritious. Your challenge is to follow the recipe as below and present your dish as you would like. Most importantly is for you to see how quick it is to make, and whether or not you enjoy it! This is of course a very light meal, and could be a side dish along with something else, or else you could satisfy yourself just with this if you are used to eating lightly.
I hope you try this recipe out, and take a nice photo of the dish before eating. If for any reason you wish to replace any of the ingredients for whatever reason please feel free to do so. The main idea is to eat a dish that is mostly raw food, with a tasty dressing. Raw food provides benefits including weight loss, improved vitality, increased energy, improvement to chronic diseases, improved overall health and a reduced impact on the environment. Not only that but Raw foods are better quality, have more flavour than cooked foods, take very little preparation, can reverse or stop the advance of many chronic diseases, Heartburn, gas, indigestion, and constipation can become things of the past, and more besides.
Its only when you have tried a raw food diet that you start to understand how much what we eat effects our mind and general state of being. Please let us know how you get on in the comments, and whether you have tried a raw food diet before.
Thai Lettuce Springrolls With Peanut Satay Recipe
- 1 head of lettuce (leaves for the cups)
- ½ cup batonnets of red and yellow capsicum (batonnets are sticks of vegetables cut into a size roughly 6 cm x 6 mm x 6 mm)
- ½ cup sliced tomatoes (optional)
- ½ cup chopped unpeeled cucumbers
- ½ cup shredded cabbage (purple or regular)
For the Tangy Peanut Sauce
- ¾ cup roasted unpeeled peanuts
- ⅓ cup dry date (kharek) powder
- 2 whole roasted red chillies
- 2 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- ½ tsp unrefined salt
Grind all the dressing ingredients together in a grinder, along with a bit of water, until you obtain a smooth dressing. Massage this into the chopped vegetables, until well mixed. Spoon some of this mixture onto each lettuce leaf and roll. Serve. Enjoy.
You may also roll all the cut veggies up in the lettuce leaf and serve with the sauce on the side, to be used as a dipping sauce.
How does the taste compare to a plate of french fries?!
This week I will be awarding $250 HBD to the best posts with photos of your final dish. I will decide how many posts to award in seven days time. Good luck to you all, i look very forward to seeing your creations!
- Please try out the recipes yourself and take photos of your finished dish.
- You must Subscribe to post to the ecoTrain community.
- It's important to use the tags #rawfood and #ecotrain so that it is easy to find your post and group all the posts in Week 3.
- Your thumbnail should be a photo of your dish with a written note by the dish saying "raw food" and your Hive username.
- You must leave a link to your recipe post in the comments below this post to be eligible for prizes!
- The deadline for week one submissions is Wednesday 24th November
Please comment if you have any questions!
CHECK OUT PREVIOUS ECOTRAIN COMPETITIONS
The Medicinal Cooking Competition Launch!🎁 $250 in Prizes! WEEK 1
🎁 ecoTrain Medicinal Cooking Competition Week 2 Awards : $250 in Prizes to 9 Winners!
ecoTrain Question Of The Week Awards Post Season 8.1
What a week! Thank you to ALL fifty of you who joined us this week on our first QOTW of Season 8. This season the theme is ACTION, and we have kicked it off by asking about what action you have taken that has led to positive change in your lives. It was a great opportunity for you to share your personal stories, and you guys sure stepped up to the plate! Thank you to everyone who took part. It was very hard to choose the winners, but there were so many posts that i had to choose 5 to receive the prizes of $10 each. So a hearty congratulations to @doudoer, @trucklife-family, @nikolina, @millymillions, and @snownz0085 who's posts have each received $10 HBD in their wallets.
Supporting People Who Help
Make The World A Better Place