Here are the following ingredients for the filling:
1/4 kilo of ground pork. You can have other options too like (shrimp/beef/chicken) according to your desire.
1 big-sized potato(diced)
1 med sized carrot(diced)
1 med sized red onion(minced)
1 bar of cheese(diced)
6 pieces of longganisa, sliced thinly and horizontally.
1 can medium green peas
1/2 cup raisins
1-2 tablespoon "Mama Sita's oyster sauce" (optional, you can use soy sauce)
1 tablespoon of pepper to add spice
2-3 small-sized boiled eggs(sliced thinly)
cooking oil for deep fry
What are the ingredients for the dough?
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 bar of cold butter/margarine(unsalted)
1 tablespoon of refined salt
7-8 tablespoon cold water
Procedure on how to cook the filling:
- First, saute red onion.
- Second, saute ground pork until light brown.
- Third, add sweet longganisa, potatoes, and carrots.
- Then add green peas oyster sauce, magic sarap granules, and pepper.
- Simmer until the liquid is almost dry.
- Next, add raisins and mix well.
- Finally, set aside and let it cool.
- Combine all-purpose flour and salt. Mix well
- Using a fork, cut the butter into the mixture while adding a cold butter.
- Put cold water a tablespoon at a time. Mix after each addition
- Mix until you form a dough.
- Then chill for 15-30 minutes
Filling and forming the empanada:
- Roll out the dough thinly.
- Cut the dough using a round molder.
- Add 1 tbsp of filling, a sliced boiled egg, and 3-4 diced cheese.
- Seal with water and fold it.
- Use a fork for you to seal the dough on its every edge.
- Deep Frying: Heat the pan and let the oil get hot. Adjust over medium-low heat and start frying the empanadas. Put at least 2 empanadas in the pan at a time. Fry until golden brown in color. Make sure to put table napkin tissues in the container to absorb excess oil.
Follow That Dream by Luca Fraula
Camera: Canon 80D
Lens: 50 mm 1.8 STM
Let us be connected always. Please check and follow me also on my other social media handles.
My Previous Food And Travel Vlogs
Wow. I'm drooling. It is one of my favourite afternoon snack. I like the creaminess of the cheese and the buttery flavor of the dough. I would love to try it with shrimps for its filling or boneless fish.Yummy🤤
Thanks bok, mao gyud try nato puhon ang shrimps or kanang unod sa bangus kay murag lami pod heheheheheeh
Empanada napud bro...kung naa cguro ko dra bro..mo tambok jud ko ba kai cge lang ug kaon..😁😁😁
Yes bro lami kay ikaon gud unya ulan ulan pod ngari inig haon ba kay init perfect kaayo pang snack.
How did your sister learned ani bro? Kadaghan bag nakamaohan oi, di ni sya mahal bro? Basig mapobre tag mag sige tag panundog sa recipe.. hahaha
Gi train siya sa akong pares bro para maka experience like this na risky na luto. medyo mahala gyud ang sagol bro kay special empanada man but there are alternatives manpod for you to choose kung unsa na filling imoha para maka tipid pod heeheheheh. pero sulay pod mi ba kanang complete na recipe para bus ok og worthy gyud kaunon.
Who cooks? You or your wife?
My partner po kasi nag train siya sa youngest sister ko para matuto lalo ng pagluluto.
Shared on twitter #Posh