Hi @Justinsunsteemit, I'm a stakeholder, just like you. I don't own a front-end on the STEEM blockchain like Steemit, Busy or Steempeak, nor do I have 70M Steempower. I'm curious what makes you believe that the opinion of witnesses is more important than the opinion of other stakeholders (big and small). At least, you do come across like this.
Keep in mind that the Witnesses are chosen by a majority of stakeholders that cast their votes on them. Please honor and respect that. I understand that disagreement, in general, is fair game, and I believe that many of us are more than happy to listen to what you have to say in order to have a constructive discussion. When meeting on common grounds there is a higher chance that there will be a solution that can benefit all parties involved. After all, you're one of many stakeholders just like me, so I'd rather consult than taking a hostile stance that brings no good to anyone.
Since you are the one that acquired 70M Steem tokens, whether its promised destination is jeopardized or not, I believe you will not gain the trust nor the backing from the majority of the stakeholders unless you honor the promises being made by Steemit Incorporation. It is up to you to decide whether you break those promises that initiated many of us to invest in the Steem blockchain. If you do choose to break these promises, I, personally, will take this act as a threat as it is directly in conflict with managing my own investment and its risk.
Regarding your query and request upon opinions;
If you care about other community members and stakeholders their opinion, I took the liberty to answer your query.
- Are you willing to believe the sanctity of private property or do you just want to take innocent people’s hard-earned money under toxic “consensus”?
- Are you willing to shorten the SP power-down period to 3-7 days from the current period?
- Are you willing to remove the down-voting policy of STEEM blockchain?
- Are you willing to introduce smart contracts into the STEEM blockchain?
- Are you willing to keep a good relationship with prestigious exchanges and increase our STEEM token value or do you just want to fuck them?
- Are you willing to protect the rights of the community members or do you just want to hurt and destroy those you disagree with?
- Are you willing to support Steemit, Inc. in accomplishing their job to increase our token value or do you just want to stab them in the back for your own interest?
- Are you willing to increase STEEM token value that benefits the whole community or do you only care about your own interest and don’t give a fuck about the real community?
- Are you willing to welcome new investors in the future and include everyone into our community or do you just want to fuck those new investors, freeze their investment and kick them out?
- Are you willing to always stick to the truth or will you just spread rumors to generate misunderstandings in the community and poison our community culture?
- Do you like Justin Sun or you just want to fuck him?
No. It has been officially announced by Steemit Inc. to decrease the power-down period from 13 weeks to 4 weeks.
No. Removing the down-voting policy is directly in conflict with the governance of intellectual property (copyright) and decentralization itself.
Yes. I'm looking forward to seeing the implementation of Smart Contracts on the STEEM blockchain.
How can I give my opinion on an opinionated question?
Could you give a few examples of people that you think are different community members? As I said in the above, disagreement can lead to agreement. But not by force.
Are you willing to destroy those who disagree with you by force?
I support and endorse Steemit Inc. to further develop the STEEM blockchain and its community projects. This has been a huge success over the last couple of years. However, I do not support Steemit Inc. taking a political stance in governance, nor requests prestigious exchanges to utilize user funds on its exchange in order to participate.
Depending on what terms they are willing to be part of the community, I would be happy to welcome any future investor.
Justin, you mentioned "real community members", and "our community" a couple of times. Would you mind addressing all community members in your future queries? You acquired Steemit Inc., it is a front-end website that translates block transactions on the Steem blockchain. Nothing more, nothing less.
The current existing community of Steemit Inc. that uses steemit.com is huge and could be considered as the most valuable asset when acquiring Steemit Inc.
This huge following/community and attraction of various investors is mostly because promises were being made by Steemit Inc. their stake. By breaking these promises, it is almost inevitable that the Steemit Inc. community will depart from Steemit Inc. and seek a different party to cast their votes upon as there is no logical reason to trust Steemit Inc. when promises are broken.
Yes, it is true, you have 70M Steem Power to vote with, but there is a high chance that you will lose the entire existing community that has equal, if not more, Steem Power than you if you do not keep Steemit Inc. promises.
It is up to you how you want to use Steemit Inc. stake, but many of the community members will disagree if promises will be broken, and make sure to vote on Witnesses that pledge their loyalty and integrity to keep anyone's investment and funds save.
The actions that you have taken as Steemit Inc. has not yet been proven to be promising, as replacing the communities top 20 witnesses with power before consulting with the entire community. Keep in mind that Stakeholders are supposed to choose Witnesses, and they should be kept informed as there are votes to win, and votes to loose ;).