I am always amazed at how plants and trees, when left to their own natural ways, will grow just about anywhere.
I like to equate it as part of "The Second Law of Thermodynamics" wherein when things are left unattended or maintained they go from order to disorder. Imagine your garden left on its own for years, what would it be like?
Think of a beautiful building. If you leave it and its surroundings abandoned for many years it will eventually be "swallowed up" by plants and trees that gain a foothold everywhere!
The Example of Chernobyl
About 32 years ago the area around Chernobyl in the Ukraine had to be abandoned after a nuclear accident. A visitor there today would see the effect of untamed nature.
After just over 30 years we can see that eventually the Ferris wheel will disappear! Photo credit: Pixabay.com
Imagine this scene after 50 years, 100 years or 1,000 years! What would it look like? photo credit: Pixabay.com
Here Are The Rues For Our Competition
- Take a picture of a tree or plant growing in an unusual place (see my personal example below).
- The photograph must be your own original work. Do NOT enter pictures that you find on the internet! Please be honest and sincere on this point.
- You can make your own post about your photo but you must include the picture in the comments here.
- The deadline for submissions is once the post pays out.
- Please us the tag "untamednature" in your post and I'll try my best to visit it.
Here is an Example That I Saw Recently
To give you a better idea of what I'm looking for I'm including a picture of what I saw in a town on my recent visit to Tenerife.
Here you can see an electrical conduit running up the wall of this non abandoned building.
Here you can see small plants and trees have gained a foothold into cracks in the pipe and walls. How big will they be 10 years from now if left unattended?
I Can't Wait to See Your Photographs!
I'm really looking forward to seeing your submissions of Untamed Nature #untamednature. At the end we will create a nice post with all of your examples!
I hope that you enjoyed this article/contest about Untamed Nature!
Until next time,
@kus-knee (The Old Dog)