Hello Everyone! It is time for us to introduce the Curangel Project again for Hive Blockchain. For people who do not know what Curangel Project is all about this is a short introduction:
Curangel is a curation service, on the the Hive Blockchain, rewarding curators and delegators while benefiting the whole Hive community. The project is created by the long term witness pharesim.
Curangel's curation is a combination of the hard work of manual curators and distribution of the votes of delegated stake. 80% of the curation rewards are given to delegators and 20% to the individual curator.
The project is more than 7 months old and started on the Steem Blockchain, but now migrated to the Hive Blockchain, and will be operated on Hive only. The fundamental concept for this curation project can be expressed as follows:
- A team of international Curators manually look for content across all time zones
- Curangel is not community specific, and 'far and wide' has always been the fundamental ideology
- Curangel votes at a full voting mana (doesn't mean 100% vote)
- Vote fraction decided by the curator as per the merit of the post
- Curators are trusted, but there is also an independent blacklist
- Delegators get paid ~40% of their daily vote value in Hive, without having to manually vote
- Delegators also can use a proportional downvote mana without having to reveal themselves
Why Curangel Attracts Me?
This bit, I like to write from my personal point of view, and I understand and appreciate that other's view can be different including that of @pharesim 's own. I was in hibernation mode for about 10 months in old steem system. The stale nature of the posts, bid-botted to trending was not something that I found appealing. When EIP was introduced, like many others, I felt hope to return for this 'social experiment'. As I returned I was looking for a curation project to properly utilize my stake. I found Curangel and @pharesim and we started talking and almost immediately became friends.
I will share a funny story: One day @pharesim and I was talking on discord regarding this and that and the topic of decentralization came up (this is long before the whole Justin Sun episode). I am always a bit skeptical about "decentralization"; I think in this space it is an over-used term and many people just say and use it for kicks. Without getting into details and controversy; Phare mentioned something that just hit me, he said:
What he meant by that was; we humans are attached to our assets/stake. We hate to loose control of it; like our Hive stake for example. What phare did, is he delegated almost 900K HP (back then, SP) of his personal stake to Curangel, and have a team of Curators to control it.
This seems to me an amazing idea. I tell you this is not easy to do. Even, I didn't do it for my whole stake, but at the time I did delegate about half my stake. Today my personal delegation to Curangel remain about 150K HP, and I plan on increasing it in near future.
Why Would You Want to Delegate to Curangel?
Apart from the good cause of supporting quality content, these could be the reasons:
- empowering curators of Hive is the key to spreading the value
- providing authors with exposure and motivation
- getting a good return on your investment, passive daily income
- use of the downvote tool to control abuse; if you prefer to use it
In addition to that both the Upvote and Downvote trails of Curangel can be followed in Hivevote (previously Steem Auto)
If the concept appeals to you and you decide to delegate, please contact the team on Discord and delegate some HP to Curangel.