It's time for another contest! You still have a few hours to join the two ongoing contests, but we'll have a new one!
I'm so excited to post the announcement of winners of our 7th contest and 8th contest because we saw another record in terms of number of entries and of course, engagement within NeedleWorkMonday and Shadow Hunters communities. Because of that, let's have the 9th contest right away. The winners of the 7th contest will be announced a day from now, which means I'll post tomorrow. The winners of the 8th contest will be announced two (2) days from now which means I'll post on Sunday (PST). This will give the moderators ample time to decide whose entries stood out.
OCD has been at the forefront of supporting different niche communities in Hive. Under the Community Incubation Program, OCD has been helping community leaders and moderators grow their genre-specific communities through focused curation. As observed in the latest update, communities under the program have grown both in number of subscriptions and in engagements within their members. By highlighting great posts by users in a particular community, they are encouraged to level up their game or maintain the quality of their posts.
To further help communities, OCD is now conducting weekly contests! The aim is to increase subscriptions and engagements by highlighting a particular community for a week. All other communities within the incubation program will carry on with the usual curation activities. With the help of community leaders and moderators, we at OCD will incentivize more those posts within that highlighted community for a week.
Community of the Week
About: Motors - General Mechanics - Engineering - Disel - Refining - Parts Manufacturing - Motorcycles - Household Appliances
Description: In this community you can write everything related to engines and mechanics in general: Automobiles, Machinery and Heavy Vehicles, Motorcycles, Mechanical Engineering, cooling and electrical system of vehicles and even engines of household appliances.
You can also publish about welding, latoria and painting of vehicles.
All original and quality content is welcome.
Rules: (1) Original Content. (2) No Plagiarism. (3) Processes with own photos. (4) Reference images with corresponding source are acceptable. (5) English / native language. (6) No discrimination or hate speech.
1. Subscribe to Hive Motors Community.
2. Post in Hive Motors Community. Be creative in your post(s).
Details: Story time!
(Theme) Tell us about YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE involving mechanics.
Either in your years of study, as a master mechanic, an accident with a machine or tool, or as a dissatisfied customer with the work done by a mechanic on your vehicle, any story that involves a mechanic is welcome.
The post must have a minimum of 300 words and at least 2 of your own photos.
3. Reply the link of your entry(s) in this contest post for easier curation.
4. Make your title unique and descriptive of your article. This is an added rule after observing that majority of the titles are the same as the title of this contest. DO NOT make this "OCD Community Boost Contest #9: Highlighting Hive Motors" as your title. It's so cringing. We can still observe titles like that in the 8th contest.
5. Engage within the community. This will be given consideration during the evaluation of your post(s).
6. Quality content is still given much premium and that's subject to the current set of standards of Hive Motors Community.
7. All posts in the community within the week will be curated by OCD. However, plagiarism attempts and other forms of abuse will also be reported and dealt with accordingly.
8. At the end of the week, OCD will highlight top five (5) posts within the week. These posts are the ones that truly shine within the community.
9. While not mandatory, retweeting this contest post will be very much appreciated.
All the rewards (100%) of this post will be used in the prize pool which means the winners will receive:
1st Place: 35% of the rewards of this post
2nd Place: 25% of the rewards of this post
3rd Place: 20% of the rewards of this post
4th Place: 10% of the rewards of this post
5th Place: 10% of the rewards of this post
What are you waiting for? Join now!