Technically in my little corner of the globe, there are still a couple more hours of August 2020 left, but I wanted to get this post out now since #HivePUD has already arrived in other parts of the world! If you want a wicked cool way to check if September 1st is officially in your area, be sure to check out the brand new Countdown timer courtesy of the awesomesauce team at @hivebuzz1
Oh, and don't forget today is also our next #HiveChat on Twitter, with host @hivetrending! Be sure to follow his Twitter account to make sure you don't miss the fun at 15:00 GMT/ 8am PST/ 11am EST (bumped up a few hours to accommodate our West Coast host). Check out his post [https://peakd.com/hive-154303/@hivetrending/hivechat-7-starts-in-12-hours](HiveChat #7 Starts in 12 hours!!) for more details!
And if that weren't enough for one day on the blockchain, today also kick's off @stellabelle's #JoinHive initiative! For the entire month of September, when you onboard new Hive accounts, you could also win prizes - check out @hivepeople's post, Share This Twitter Giveaway To Kick Off The #JOINHIVE Campaign for details!
Now, since I already did a rundown of it all in the Announcement post last week, I'll just do a little recap this time around.
What is Hive Power Up Day?
Hive Power Up Day has been taking place on the first day of every month since @streetstyle came up with the idea on that other blockchain over a year ago.
What does it require?
In @streetstyle's words ...
On the first day of the month...
• ...we ask that everyone who can do so, power up any amount of HIVE they are holding on the first of the month.
• ... we ask accounts that are currently powering down to please pause the powerdown during the hours of the first of the month.
• ... we ask that those who are trading and/or selling Hive, not to do so during the hours of the first of the month (and if possible, cancel any type of sell order on any exchanges for the same hours).
What are the rules to win prizes for HivePUD?
The requirements are:
- Your reputation must be above 39 and below 70.
- Your total Hive Power (before the 1st) must be more than 100 and less than 8000.
- NEW:You must power up at least 10 Hive on September 1st.
- You must write a post about your power up on September 1st with the tag #HivePUD (International) or #HPUD (Spanish).
To be included in the winners list, you must meet all four requirements above. The order of the list (first place, second place, and so on) will be determined by the biggest PERCENTAGE of Hive powered up, not necessarily the most Hive powered up.
Also, this month the Spanish #HPUD is merging with #HivePUD because as @victoriabsb said, "Joining forces, because we are stronger together!" Check out her post, Anuncio: HIVE Power Up Day #HPUD y #HivePUD se Unen este 1ero de Septiembre 💪 [ENG/ESP] || Initiative
What are the prizes?
The list of prizes, both confirmed & not confirmed yet, are in the aforementioned Announcement post
Did I hear something about badges?
At this point, I think everyone within a hundred miles of my 3D home has heard about Power Up Day badges...lol! Yes, last month after @jeanlucsr went to the @hivebuzz crew with an idea for a Power Up Day badge, @arcange, @lizanomadsoul, and the team came up with some amazing new stuff for this go round. Check out all the details in their post, Hive Power Up Day - Let's grow together!
- Power up Hive on September 1st, 2020
- Post about your powerup on September 1st, 2020
- Unofficial winners list will be posted September 2nd or 3rd (allowing time to correct for errors/omissions)
- Official winners list will be posted on September 5th, after which sponsors will disperse prizes
That's it for now!
Thanks to everyone for all you do to make our new blockchain space a home! Special shout out to @abh12345 for graciously agreeing to help me again by pulling together the data when the time comes - Asher, you're a ROCKSTAR! And here's to another awesomesauce Hive Power Up Day - I think we're doing @streetstyle proud!
Image Credits: blog thumbnail created on Canva, using a photo (that I first spotted on a post by @fionasfavourites) created by @nateaguila which is "free to use for the purpose of supporting, promoting, or marketing Hive-related topics or projects." HivePUD GIF created using both Giphy and ezGIF.
Thanks for stopping by!
My posts may occasionally contain affiliate links. If you click through,
I might get a wicked small commission, with no extra cost to you.
All words and images are mine (unless otherwise indicated),
and can sometimes also be found on my various social media sites.
one billion many homes on the interwebz.
Here are a few...
- Smoke Blog ~ Traci York
- Hive Blog ~ Traci York
- WordPress Blog ~ Traci York
- Facebook ~ Traci Cavanaugh York
- Facebook Page ~ Traci York, Writer
- Instagram ~ traciyork_aka_internetg33k
- Pinterest ~ Traci York, Writer
- Twitter ~ @TraciYorkWriter
- My Weku Blog ~ Traci York
- YouTube ~ InternetGeek
- Ello ~ @traciyork