In previous tutorial I covered on how to create the setup the pong game. And also completed the part about the player movement. So what is left as of now is the ball movement, ball gravity and the side walls where the balls may vanish and finally the score.
So this tutorial is going to focus on the critical part of the ball movement. As the ball has random movement and also we can make it initial push across the wall too. The ball is meant to be pushed from the top and the bottom walls too.
So before we can get into the tutorial check out the table of content below.
Table of Contents for GDevelop Tutorials
- GDevelop - How to Create Project
- GDevelop - How to Create Scene
- GDevelop - How to add background Image
- GDevelop - How to add Image Sprite
- GDevelop - How to Horizontal Scroll
- GDeveop - How to Vertical Scroll
- GDevelop - How to Switch Level or Scene in Game
- GDevelop - Switch Scene or Level
- GDevelop - Add Force to Sprite
- GDevelop - Key Press Change Background
- GDevelop - Particle Emmiter
- GDevelop - Tiled Sprite
- GDevelop - Asset Store
- GDevelop - Text entry object
- GDevelop - Typewriter Effect
- GDevelop - Light Object
- GDevelop - Video object
- GDevelop - BBText object
- GDevelop - Pong Game - Player Movement
Now let's come back to the video that explains you how to make the ball movement in the pong game. If you have not tried the player movement and the tile movement in the game. I suggest you to do check out the TOC above and check the last link for the same.
So check out the video below and see how to do the ball movement in the Pong game.
This tutorial was tricky consideirng it takes a lot of time and effort to find out how to make the ball movement. And during initial game load you have to do the random movement of the ball. And so that kind of takes a bit of tricks and the stuff you have to do with the pong game. I hope that by now you have learned few tricks in the Gdevelop and learned your way around the program.
I hope the current tutorial was useful to you.
We will continue the further game development topic in next post.