Time for another initiative! But today it will include a different type of activity. A very interesting initiative was proposed by community member @garybilbao whose nickname is "El Comentador". He contacted @eddiespino with an idea to incentivize people that are making valuable comments on the chain and to invite people to create this habit. So on this initiative besides making a post, we are inviting everyone to engage with the community and make well thought and valuable comments on people's posts.
- Write a full post sharing your experience with engagements through comments. You can share a story on how comments have helped you connect with users and communities and why they are important.
- Share your post on Twitter and use the hashtags: #HIVE, #HiveComments, #posh, and any other hashtag related to your post. Sign up here https://hive.blog/posh/@acidyo/posh-info-and-faq to receive extra POSH tokens!
- On your Hive blog post or video include the tag #hivecomments.
- On Twitter put your HIVE links into a comment. Twitter is shadowbanning some Hive links and all 3speak links, but if you put in your comment section it won't shadowban your tweet.
- When making a video, upload a short clip of it to Twitter as a teaser, and put the link in a comment under the Tweet. Videos get a lot more views if uploaded directly to Twitter, and to see the rest they will need to go to your 3speak profile.
These considerations are for the blog or video posts. Up to 10 posts will be voted at 50% with my account, so half of the rewards of this initiative will go to posts and the other half to comments.
We will be monitoring the interactions of all users who make their #HiveComments Initiative post and we will be voting the best comments with the help of @elcomentador.
Here are some points that will be taken into consideration to voting comments:
- Comments should have a minimum of 30 words.
- They must provide additional information to the post, this is in case the commentator has knowledge on the topic or wants to share his or her opinion.
- The comment has to reflect that the post was actually read, this can be done by quoting from the article or by referring to things that were talked about on the post.
- Show appreciation to the author for sharing their thoughts, talent, passion, or skills.
- Praise the article, author, or both. The comment should always highlight something positive about the post.
- Optional: Tag another user that you think might be interested without being spammy or abusing this function.
To be eligible for a vote your comment has to cover at least four of the six criteria written above.
I'm taking these points from the intro post of this initiative you can read it here:
PLEASE NOTE: If you don't have time or the means to make a full post but still want to participate in leaving valuable comments and engaging with the community please leave a comment on this post that covers the criteria mentioned above and include the tag #HiveComments. That way we will also monitor and possibly reward your comments this week.
The percentages of the votes may vary depending on the quality of the comment and availability of Voting Power. They may go from 1% to 5%. If you are making good comments you are eligible to receive several votes this week.
COMMUNITY LEADERS please translate this initiative into your language for your community and we will get with you for your help in curation.
I will support this initiative for at least a week but I've been told that it will continue as a permanent project so if you want to support please contact @elcomentador aka @garybilbao.
Have ideas for future initiatives similar to this one? Reach out to @eddiespino on Twitter or eddiespino#1698 on Discord to let him know your ideas and he will relay them to me.
Be sure to follow @hiveangelists for future initiatives.